Chapter 2

AUTHORS NOTE PLEASE READ :hello loves how are you all? good i hope well any who this is very important so listen close or should i say read close hahaha but no seriously i hope everyones liking the story so far but i just want you all to know if u dont already know i'm not just the only one writing this story my best friend XxBlackRoseXx33 is also co-writing with me and i dont think this story would be any good with out her writing genius and i hope you all read and vote for her story without tyler cause it truly is an amazing story but thats it for now my loves until next upload bye -Daja<3

______________________________________________________________________________

I never thought that today would be the worst day of my life. I mean, Monday's were always horrible but they were never this bad.

At the moment I was sitting in the social services office, waiting for them to decide what they were going to do with me. People probably expected me to be screaming and crying right now, but I wasn't. 

I was completely numb to everything. 

The door opened and the social services woman who's name I had forgotten as soon as I learned it walked into the room. 

And she wasn't alone. 

With her, was Ella and Brad Collins. Eli's parents.

The woman cleared her throat. "Ms. Sawyer, it seems that you have no living relatives so you are to be adopted by the Collins family." 

I nodded. This meant that I would have to live with Eli. It was a disaster waiting to happen. 

Ella ran over and wrapped me into her comforting embrace. I had loved these hugs as a little girl. Ella was like a second mother to me. And now she was my only one. The only one that was alive, at least. 

She didn't say anything and she didn't have to. What we were all feeling couldn't be expressed in words. 

Brad put his arms around the both of us. He was like a father to me too. When my father was gone on business trips Brad had taken over his fatherly duties until my own father returned. Only this time my father wouldn't be coming back.

The car ride over to the Collins house was a silent one. Everyone was too consumed with grief to speak. When we got to their two story cream white house I went up to the guest room with my stuff. Like all of the other times I had spent the night over here. But this time I wasn't going to leave in the morning. 

To my great surprise, Eli was sitting on the bed waiting for me. 

He looked up at me and look in his entrancing brown eyes spoke volumes. For now we would have a truce. And if we would go back to our usual ways would be decided at a later time. 

I threw myself into his open arms. His arms wrapped around me, and I suddenly felt like everything was going to be alright. I spent the entire night in Eli's arms mourning the loss of my parents. As I cried, Eli's voice that was like melted chocolate whispered sweet nothings in my ear, bringing me comfort.