Year Two

A year later, it was Jay's birthday once again. This year the weather was cold so everyone stayed inside. Jay decided to make the adults coffee and the kids hot chocolate to warm them up. Louis tried to convince jay that he was old enough for coffee but there was no use. He was getting hot chocolate.

The door opened, followed by a little boy yelling 'hello'. Everyone turned their heads to see who it was. Except Louis. He knew exactly who the small voice came from. It was Harry.

The small boy went around, greeting everyone with a giant smile. He then reached Louis who was on the couch. Harry smiled and waved. "Hello Louis." The older boy simply looked down. Harry sat next to Louis, a little too close for the older boy's comfort.

"I started school this year Louis. I'm not a baby anymore." Louis rolled his eyes, uninterested by what Harry had to say. "Congratulations." He sarcastically said. Harry couldn't see the difference so his smile got bigger. "Thank you Louis. Am I old enough to play with you now?"

Louis let out a fake laugh, shaking his head. "Sorry kid. I don't play anymore. I'm too old for that."

"How old are you? I am 6 years old now." Louis picked at his nails, hoping someone his age would show up this year. Someone other then Harry's sister.

"Well. I'm 16." Harry's eyes widened. "That's so old! you're almost as old as Gem. She's really old." Louis couldn't help but chuckle. He nodded. "I guess we are getting old."

"Gem says that when I get to your age, I'm going to meet a girl and fall in love. She also said she would hurt me if I was ever mean to her. Gem is scary."

"What if you don't fall in love with a girl?" Louis asked. He wasn't sure if his parents had talked to him about gay people or not yet. He thought everyone should know, even if he wasn't gay himself.

Harry frowned. "What do you mean?" He asked. "Well, what if you fall in love with a boy?"

"Two boys together can't have a baby silly. I want a family." Harry said, smiling brightly when Jay handed him a hot chocolate. Louis shrugged. "Gay couples adopt babies."

Harry took a sip of his warm drink, moaning. "Adopt?"

"Yes. Some people don't want their babies or can't take care of them so they give them up for adoption. Gay couples or just couples who can't have babies then take them in and take care of the baby like their own." Louis put a hand under Harry's mug, seeing that it was going to fall.

Harry stared at Louis with wide eyes. "Whoa. Like a baby store?" Louis rolled his eyes. "Sure."

Harry handed Louis his mug, smiling at him. Louis looked at it's contents, seeing that it was already empty. "Want more?" Louis asked. Harry nodded. "Yes please."

Louis handed his mug that was still full to Harry. He then got up, walking to the kitchen. He handed the mug to Jay. "Can I have more please?" She looked down at the mug with a small frown. "Didn't I give this mug to Harry?" She asked.

Louis nodded. "He finished it so I gave him mine." Jay smiled sweetly at him, patting his head. "You're such a sweet boy Louis." The boy rolled his eyes and waited for Jay to fill the mug. He then took it back to the couch where Harry was holding his now empty cup.

He smiled when he saw Louis. "More?" He asked. Louis took the empty mug, handing Harry the full one. "Drink this one slower. It's the last one you're getting or you're going to be sick." Harry nodded but drank it just as quickly as the two other ones, making Louis roll his eyes once again.

They continued talking until it was time for the cake. Some people sat around the table while others stood. Louis sat a few seats away from his mother while everyone entered the room. Harry pushed through the group of people and to Louis.

"Louis, can I sit on you?" Harry asked. Louis groaned but picked up Harry anyways. Harry started clapping when the cake came out and everyone started singing. Jay blew the candles and everyone cheered. She then started cutting the cake and giving a piece to everyone.

Louis took a piece this year. Harry stayed on his lap while they each ate their cake. Harry finished his piece before Louis and looked up at him. "Are you going to finish that?" He asked, pointing at Louis' plate. The older boy chuckled. "I was, but you can have it."

Harry smiled, eating his second piece. He frowned when he put the plate down. "Louis, my tummy hurts."

"Probably because you had so much sugar." Louis answered. Harry's face paled, letting Louis know that he was going to be sick. Louis grabbed Harry in his arms, running to the bathroom. Luckily, no one was in the bathroom and they could go straight in. Louis sat on the ground in front of the toilet, placing Harry on his lap.

Just a second later, Harry let out all his sugary foods in the toilette. Louis looked away, rubbing circles on Harry's back. The small boy started crying. "Louis." He cried out before being sick again. "It's alright buddy." Louis whispered.

Harry then stopped being sick and leaned into Louis' chest. Louis flushed the toilet and stoop up with Harry in his arms. He placed the small boy on the bathroom counter and took out a towel, He wet it under the sink and then cleaned up Harry.

"I love you Louis." Harry mumbled. Louis looked up into Harry's eyes. His eyes weren't bright and full of joy anymore. His eyes were now empty and full of pain. Louis smiled. "I love you too buddy."