Chapter 11: What Are The Choices?

I went to the backstage of where Jamal and Skye....was going to perform. I'm still a little pissed over the fact that she kissed Jamal, so it might be awhile to get over not liking her a little.

I peeked over to see Skye on her piano and Jamal getting the himself ready in the center of the stage. He looked around until he caught my eye.

I smiled a little and gave him the thumbs up to give him good luck. He smiled and motioned himself when the announcer finally introduced them,

"Charlamagne The God and American Sound Awards is proud to present four-time ASA winner Skye Summers and first-time nominee Jamal Lyon!" The lights dimmed down as Skye started to play the piano while the crowd cheered for the both of them. They played their song, "Powerful", which honestly was a beautiful song.

I might not like them being close together, but honestly it was catchy and they did a good job with that song. I stood there staring at Jamal, wondering how did I get a best friend like him.

Listening to this song made me remember the good times we had when we were little and up until now. From the days when we always made a lot of songs together when Jamal had trouble with his songs in the studio, and others when we shared a lot of memories and had a couple of sleepovers just for fun.

Sometimes I wonder why Jamal always try to keep me around when mainly I do something stupid or whatever. I was thinking this until someone came next to me, which was Lucious.

He stared at the both of them,

"Ain't they just perfect for each other? They make a perfect couple." He murmured.

I tightened my fist with slight anger and jealousy,

"Yeah. A perfect duo, I guess." I clenched my teeth, hoping that Lucious didn't get any ideas of the emotion I was feeling.

Lucious looked at me, confused. "Is something wrong, V'eah? I thought you loved Skye and Jamal working together." He said smirked smoothly.

"You are absolutely right, Lucious. I loved them working together at first, but now Miss. Little Perfect Skye Summers think she can kiss all over my best friend and think she can get whoever she wants." I thought angrily.

I smiled at him,

"Of course I do, Lucious. I proud that Jamal finally got what he deserved." I lied.

Lucious made his signature devilish smirk,

"Oh really? It seems like you sound jealous to me." He slowly gave out.

I gave him a surprising look, "What!? Lucious, no! I'm not jealous, that's ridiculous. He's my best friend and he's gay for crying out loud!" I denied quickly.

He looked at Jamal,

"Well, it's not too late to change him of how he is now, and I'm sure he's one step closer to changing his social ways. Or maybe even one step closer to her." He explained smoothly, gesturing his head to Skye.

That last part dropped my heart to rock bottom. How did he know about Skye and Jamal? Did he see that kiss also? I hope he don't get anymore ideas on what Jamal is doing with his love life, I heard he was trying to get over his previous relationship with Michael. Knowing Lucious, he could slip things out and make things go hell, and I don't want him to know my feelings for Jamal or I'm toast. He could use that advantage against me.