Chapter 2 - Disturbing Feelings

This chapter is dedicated to @Fiolee_Fanficsnlove

As I walk out of my room through the secret passage that leads outside, I grab my backpack that hangs on a piece of wall jutting out at the end of the passage. My bag includes many weapons, but the only one that really matters is the wooden stake, the only weapon that has the ability to kill a vampire. This is what determines life or death in the eyes of us humans. Without this weapon no one really knows what would've happened to the human race. It's the only thing that protects us. It's the only thing that's stable in our world. We need it, or else we might just go down in flames. Or in this case, blood.

As I walk towards my destination, I feel a sense of dread wash over me. Something feels wrong. I know I'm not supposed to be anywhere near this place, but this feeling is one of absolute tragedy. It's as if I am a rose, a beautiful red rose, soon to be turned white and wilted by an upcoming winter storm. However, I am still a rose and each rose has its own set of thorns. Thorns used to fight off each enemy that tries to harm them. And yet that feeling still lingers, disregarding the thorns, the storm fights through. It knows the thorns are useless against the snow it bares. And yet I, the rose, continue on the path of terrible darkness.

The trail is in my eye sight and I slowly grab my sword, bracing myself for whatever is to come from this awful feeling. I walk slowly and surly into the dark mass of trees. Humming a tune as to calm the nerves I don't wish to admit. And then it happens. I don't know what to do.

Loud growls emit from the wolves surround me. Six large wolves surround me. Two gray, three brown, and one black. All are baring large fangs, saliva dripping from each and every K-9. Each one of them are slowly closing in on me and for a second a moment of panic washes over me. Only then do a remember the sword in my hands. I grasp its handle firmly, eyeing the largest wolf and attempting to swing at it. Every movement I made was followed by the dark eyes of every wolf. I begin to attack, searching for weak points in every wolf every swing I make is directed towards any target I can hit.

Blood is spilled everywhere, and by this point, I wasn't sure whos blood was spilled more. Mine or theirs. Looking around, I didn't really understand how or why these wolves were as blood thirsty as they are. Although, I believe it may have to do with this area. That was kinda obvious though... wasn't it?

I was distracted for too long. I'm such an idiot. The last wolf took its turn and bit down deeply into my leg.I screamed out in pain and fell to the floor. The blood loss was becoming too much for me to handle. I knew, however, that my identity was not safe and anyone could find me out here. Especially the vampires. I can't risk anyone to discover that I am the princess of the humans. So with the last of my energy I grab my sword, and cut my hair to shoulder length. But I know that won't be enough to hide my features. So I do something I will never regret.

I take my sword, and stab my left eye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey people. Sorry for the short chapter :/ .Well l thought this story was going to be an epic fail, but 100 reads on it? That's like unbelievable to me. Thank you all for reading and l hoped you liked this chapter. Comment your thoughts plz. And if you have any ideas or just something you wanna see in this book don't be shy to tell me. :D