"Baby-"

"What the fuck were you doing there?" He cuts me off, standing up to his full height and staring at me.

"You know why." I fire back and I watch it add to his rage. He is in no mood for that.

"After I told you not to." He enunciates. "You could have been killed."

"You were going to fight, you would've been the one who got hurt." I explain, my heart feels heavy. He looks so kissable when he's mad. "I saw those injured people just laying there. That could've been you."

"I told you to stay out of it Rachel." He says louder, that vein on his neck pressing against the skin to show itself. "You disobeyed me."

"I was worried about you." I say, failing to keep the attitude out of my voice and it only pisses him off more. "I don't take orders from you."

That got his attention, he tilts his head to the side. I can see the heat boiling inside of him, he wants to hit something I know it. He's breathing extremely hard, I've never seen him this mad before.

"Why was he with you?" He hisses, trying to calm himself down.

"Would you rather I went alone?" I challenge, he's making me upset.

"I'd rather you not gone at all!" He yells, that vein on his neck buckling, another one forming on his forehead. "And you went with him of all people! I told you not to come!"

"You don't control me." I fight, my tears falling from my eyes.

"It's shit like this that drives me crazy." His voice cracks in rage, shaking his head. "I told you not to go because it's dangerous I'm trying to keep you safe!"

"I don't need you micromanaging my entire life!" I scream at him. "If I shouldn't go then you shouldn't go it's as simple as that! What about me wanting to keep you safe?!"

"That's not the point Rachel!" He screams back. "If Thatcher had told you not to go you wouldn't have!"

"Is that what you think?!" I ask him, wiping away tears with the back of my hand. "You think I went to spite you?!"

"It's the only reason I can think of as to why you came with him!" He snarls, and I see what this is really about. It's about Maverick, everything always is.

"This is about Maverick isn't it?" I'm upset now, and he's so over the top angry this fighting will get us nowhere. "If you can't trust me enough to know that I want to be with you then maybe we should rethink this!"

"I knew it, I knew he had something to do with this!" He yells at me, and I know he's about to cry. "You like him don't you?!"

"I can't believe you!" I say in frustration. "You really think after all this work at rebuilding us that I would throw it all away on Maverick?!"

"Well you fucked him so it wouldn't shock me!"

His words nearly kill me, he knows that hurts more than anything. I regret it, and he knows that too. There's a long silence between us and I see the regret on his face but he doesn't say anything.

"You can be so horrible sometimes Marshall." I tell him through my tears.

"Well if you hate me so much then maybe us getting back together was a mistake." He says, looking away from me I know he's going to cry if he isn't already.

"Maybe it was." I say, sniffling.

"Fine." He shakes his head and then drops it, those tears finally coming.

"Fine."

I turn on my heels and walk out his front door, slamming it behind me and crying as I make a break for it down the stairs. I shove out the door to his building, the cold wind blowing on my face and freezing my tears. I start to walk into the parking lot towards my house but I feel his hand on my arm, turning me around.

"Rachel I'm sorry." He says, his cheeks glistening from his tears. "I was just mad, I didn't mean any of it-"

I push him back and for once he lets me slip from his grip. I hear him crying to himself as I walk away, slowly his voice fades with the further away I get. I cry hard as I walk down the street, walking into a nearby store that's still open. I'm gonna call Thatcher to come pick me up. It's like Marshall says, I shouldn't be walking home in downtown Detroit in the middle of the night.