6. The contestants.

Beside the infuriating blonde stood a man who was heavily scarred. No doubt, he was the Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor.

You walked towards the Canadian crew, “Tom.” you smirked, had all your old school friends become professors? “Defence Against the Dark Arts?” you asked, getting a nod and cheeky grin in return.

“How about you?” he asked, looking between you and Draco, “although, if Malfoy was Professor, it’d just be Dark Arts, wouldn’t it?” Tom joked, but no one laughed.

“He’s Potions Master…. I’m the Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor.” you shrugged, acting as if it was nothing. So far, you had managed to ignore the woman muttering angry ‘oh my god’s’ under her breath. “And I suppose that’s your Potions Master?” you asked, jerking your head roughly to the side, still not looking at her.

Tom nodded, “Yeah, Lily always did really well in Potions.”

All you managed to say was a ‘heh’ before you turned your attention to the Headmistress.

“It appears that you have all arrived here safely. I invite you all into our castle for the warmth, and a meal that await you.” Her voice was magically enhanced so everyone across the grounds of Hogwarts could hear her.

The students of Hogwarts stayed where they were, as the other schools started to head towards the great oak doors leading into the castle.

Your eyes narrowed at Lily as she passed, hatred obvious in your features. If you hadn’t been turning to face your own team, you wouldn’t have noticed it. A thick fog started to descend upon the grounds of Hogwarts from the Forbidden Forest. You put your arm out to keep others from stepping forward to investigate what was happening. “Stay here.” you said quietly to your own team, and drew your wand.

Draco drew the attention of the Headmistress, and stepped forward with her to join Alice. Something was wrong, he could feel it deep in his bones.

“Nebel lichteten…” you murmured under your breath, causing the fog to clear a bit, but not enough to see what was coming. You saw Minerva McGonagall and Draco Malfoy by your sides. “The students should get inside…” you said quietly, unsure of what was about to happen.

“I’ll leave this to you two, then.” McGonagall said, backing away. She was sure you and Draco could handle whatever was coming. She ushered everyone inside the building, casting protective enchantments over the doors so whatever was coming, would not be able to get into the school easily. She did not go join her students within the protective walls of the schools, she stayed with her two young professors, for if they were to fall to whatever was coming, she would be the last defence before the students.

The tension in the air was thick as time passed by slowly. Whatever had caused the fog, seemingly wanted to stay in the forest.

You had just remembered something. Bringing your hand towards your mouth you let out a loud whistle, “Verve!” you called, watching the fog for any disturbances. Nothing seemed to happen, and now both yourself and Draco were searching the fog for the unicorn.

The three teachers stood in the grounds, watching the fog. It seemed like forever, and they were just about to dismiss it as a coincidence, until something emerged from the mist, with a Unicorn shackled to the side of what appeared to be a man.

“It appears that ve have arrived late for this tournament.” two men stepped out of the forest, followed by a team of seven students. The man whom had spoken pulled harshly on a chain, getting a pain filled noise from the Unicorn, who’s neck was bleeding from the sharp metal around it’s neck.

“Verve….” you muttered under your breath, recognizing the Unicorn almost immediately. “Release the Unicorn.” you demanded, taking a step forward.