Chapter 5

Alecx's P.O.V

As Sienna stomped her way to Tanna's room, Zeph and Alecx trailed behind her. Alecx approved of his sister's choice in friends. Well, they weren't exactly perfect like Alecx's friends were, but they were good enough. He especially liked Sienna. Sure, she was bossy and was a bit of a drama queen, but she was also sweet and cared a lot about Tanna. 

"We're here." he mutters.

Sienna shot him a do-you-take-me-for-an-idiot look. Alecx just shot her an amused smirk.

Zeph knocked on the door, his eyebrows pinched together in a frown.

"Come in." a familiar voice sounded from behind the door. Alecx stiffened in surprise. What is he doing here?

Zeph opened the door, revealing Tanna and Giovanni deep in conversation.

"-won't do it!" Tanna exclaimed.

Giovanni ran his hands through his already disheveled hair.

"You are making this harder than it needs to be Tanna! I will force you to do it if you do not agree to do it of your own free will!" he raised his voice. He seemed to notice Zeph, Sienna, and Alecx. His eyes seemed to look through Alecx completely.

"Alecxandar. Aren't you supposed to be in Britain training right now? Don't tell me you abandoned your training for this fool who used a high-level protection spell to protect her friends instead of saving her own skin?" he scoffed.

Tanna clutched the side of her bed so hard that her knuckles became white.

Alecx balled his hands into fists and didn't answer.

Giovanni looked over to where Zeph and Sienna were standing.

"You must be Zephyr and Sienna di Angelo. My daughter has told me a lot about you. Please, take a seat and excuse my idiot of a son." he said coldly. 

Zeph glanced over at Alecx. He seemed to be deep in thought, and his eyes were now a stormy blue color. He now understood what Tanna meant when she said that their father doesn't care about them. 

Giovanni gestured to the seats.

"Please, take a seat."

Zeph ignored him and headed over to Tanna's bed. Sienna did the same.

Alecx looked up in shock. No one defied their father. No one. Those two were either incredibly brave or just stupid. 

Giovanni followed his son's gaze.

"I see. Well then, I will be seeing you later. Alecx, come by my hotel at 6 sharp. We need to talk." he says without any emotion.

"Yes Father." Alecx says, his voice stiff. 

Giovanni nods, and heads out the door. 

As soon as he leaves, Alecx heads over to Tanna's bed. 

"How are you feeling?" he says softly.

"I'm fine. You came all the way from Britain to see me?" she asks.

Alecx smiles. 

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"Nothing. It's just....why? Why'd you come all this way just to see me?"

"Because you're my baby sister." he says softly.

Tanna smiles, her jade green eyes sparkling.

Zeph and Sienna smile as well.

"So, when will you be discharged from the hospital?" Sienna asks.

"They probably said around tomorrow afternoon at the most." she replies.

"What were you and Father talking about?" Alecx asks.

The smile left Tanna's face.

"He wants me to marry into this rich family that's been causing problems lately. He thinks that, if I do, they'll stop causing problems."

"What sort of problems?" 

"You know how Dad's the leader of the Council? Yeah, well, they're challenging him to his authority. In other words, they want to take his place, and Dad's going to force me to marry this random boy I don't even know." she says bitterly.

Alecx's face hardens. 

"No way. That's not going to happen. You deserve that much, at least. Don't worry, I'll make sure he changes his mind. You have my word." he declared. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I won't be able to update for two weeks now, so I'll probably continue after Christmas Break. Okay, here's the question of the day. Alecx or Zeph? Comment down below!

Thanks for reading!

Amsha