Chapter 6

They took some plates filled with fruit outside and set them by the hot tub. Victoria got in, and when Dylan turned on the 'bubbles.'

"Hey Dylan, there might be something wrong with the hot tub." She said worriedly.

"I don't think there's anything wro-" Dylan was again cut off mid-sentence when he turned around and saw the pool was bubbling, like when you put soap in a bathtub to make a bubble bath. So that's what he put in the pool. He thought. "It's ok," He began while stepping in, "Sean put these in here. It's just dish soap."

"Sounds like he want's something to happen almost." She said while leaning back.

"Yeah, he's an idiot."

"Not an idiot, just idiotic." She said, trying to sound nice. Dylan laughed at her remark, "As sweet as you always were." They sat on opposite sides of the pool, and tilted their heads back to look at the stars. 

"So beautiful," started Victoria, "the stars are perfect, the pineapple's amazing, bubbles attempting to encase me in a bubbly tomb, and It's less than two weeks until I arrive at my dream place." Again, as she said that Dylan's heart became slightly chilled. Just then a shooting star flew overhead. "Dylan! Did you see that?" Victoria exclaimed, pointing towards where it formed. "Yeah," he chuckled, "I also saw how much you really do love astronomy. No wonder your going to..." he paused, "Alaska."

Throughout the rest of the night the two talked about their lives, laughed, and finally got to fully catch up on the last few years. Victoria had gone to bed and Dylan was lying in the hot tub. He realized she left her waterproof camera out on the side as he was walking out. He then came up with an idea that would make up for what he accidentally did on the plane. He took a video, but when he finished he uploaded it to his computer and deleted it from her memory card. He placed the camera on the counter downstairs where she would see it in the morning, and continued to his room.