LESTAT IN THE FLESH

Start from the beginning

"Yes, it appears I'm known of that too. “Anything else you want to tell me of what I'm known as, or anything else you think you know"?

"You’re ancient, well not too old". "But your creator is definitely an ancient". I said feeling more brave.

"And how’d you figure that out"?

"Because I watched you in that interview on TV, the other night". "You said you were born in 1760, and you were 25 when you were changed into a vampire"?

"Yes". "It seems so I did say that didn't I". Les tat starred at me like he was trying to figure something out, but at the same time his bold eyes came back. "So, you never answered my question what are you doing at a damned place like this"? I thought of how to say that I came all the way here from the country side, just to meet him or even have a glance. "Well”? He asked.

"I, um, I wanted to see what this place was like". I tried to keep my eyes on his, but it was hard. He made me very nervous.

"And that's all"?

"No, I will be honest, I wanted to see you". Les tats face lit up, and he smirked.

"Why"? "Must I state the obvious"? I asked trying to keep myself from breaking from his dangerous stare.

"So, I take it you’re a big fan". He said not really smirking anymore, just more of a sarcasm face.

"I'm not what you would call a diehard fan, but yes you do come to mind a lot".

"Really"? "So, you think about me a quite a bit then".

"Well, you are everywhere "On TV, on big signs, in stores. You come into my dreams, but sometimes they turn into nightmares".

"Do, I scare you in these dreams of yours"?

"Yes". "In the nightmares, you attack me and kill me. Then I wake up all cold".

"How cold"? He asked suddenly being right in front of me.

"As cold as you are".

"This cold"? He brushed his ice cold pointer finger across my cheek.

"Close enough", I answered shivering from the coldness of his finger.

"Cause I can be very cold". Now he had me up against the side of the alleyway wall.

"How cold are we talking"? I asked.

"Very cold". He whispered in my ear giving me goose bumps.

"I believe you". I whispered back.

"You do, do you? "Then tell me something else. "How old are you"?

"18, I'm turning 19 this summer".

"So, you’re a 18 year old London girl"?

 "No, I'm American. My mom moved me here when i was 14".

 "I knew you didn't have the ascent anyways". Les tat said backing up. "What’s your name"? "Cheri, Cheri Lecleres". He made a very bold smile. "Why do you want to know my name and where I'm from so bad"? I asked.

 "Because I need to know who I'm talking to, so if we encounter again.”And by the way, your one of the best looking fans I've had. "Even for an American girl". Les tat made a mysterious smile then fled disappearing into the darkness and left me standing there dumbfounded. As I drove through the dark London city and country side I thought and knew this. (Les tat and I would meet again, he left me feeling more addicted to him and wanting to learn more about him and his secret past.)