LESTAT IN THE FLESH

I parked down on the side of the ally way where the vampire club was. It was chilly outside and I could see my breath. I walked quietly up to the big club door. My heart was already racing.

"Oh lord Jesus" I said under my breath. I hope those lucky charms gave me at least some luck''. Because let’s face it I was going to need all the luck I could get. I took a deep breath and opened the big door and went in. The first thought that came to my scared idiotic brain was this. (Holy mother of -----!) (I must be dreaming, or having a pretty vivid f----in nightmare). Heads of vampires turned at me. None of them did anything yet, but starred at me either like I was dinner or like they were amused. I tried to avoid all their dark and brightly colored eyes as I started walking toward this chair in the corner of the room. As sat down i saw 3 vampires still staring at me. They were whispering to each other. It was 2 men and a woman. The woman had a tall blue Mohawk. One of the men was wearing a red sweater and had light brown hair that was combed back and the other man was bald with a nose piercing. Then they came over to me smiling their evil smiles.

 "Come here often"? Asked the red sweater guy. "No, first time". I answered.

"Really, who's your host then?”Uh, um...ah" I stuttered thinking quickly. "Le stat". It just came out of my mouth. All three vampires snickered and glanced at each other.

 "Who did you say"? The bald vampire dude asked.

 " Le stat". "Surely you know who Les tat is".

"Yes indeed we do". "What did you do to end up here?". The Mohawk woman asked.

"I'm afraid that's between me and him". I said standing up out of the chair.

"I see". The sweater man said smiling. "Well, carry on". They all walked away smiling. Few, I thought. I may not become vampire dinner after all. I was scared and I knew that it was time to leave. When I was almost to my car, I felt the wind swooping behind me. Great I thought the three musketeers are back. I flung around in defense, and I was surprised to find it wasn't them. In fact it was nobody. Or so I thought.

"Boo" whispered this male voice in my ear. His cool breath made my ear tingle, along with the rest of my body. I slowly turned around. It was a vampire this time. Not just any vampire "Le stat". My body was still as a statue, and went numb. I couldn't speak. He was more beautiful than on TV, or in my dreams. His eyes were dark, his skin so white that it just about glowed in the darkness. He starred at me with bold eyes and a dangerous grin. "You look like you've seen a ghost'. He said. I still didn't say anything. "Now tell me". "What’s a young girl like you doing in a dangerous place like this"? "You don't look a day over 17". He waited a couple of seconds before saying anything else.... "Still no answer". "Hmm, you seemed ok talking to those other vampires in there". "What makes me any different"? “I mean I am your host, remember"? "Oh, right". Les tat said in sarcasm. "I'm the great Les tat, the vampire rock star".

"And the brat prince". It just slipped out of my mouth again. He eyed me, but not with bold eyes.