prologue

p r o l o g u e

"Hello," Kian answered my call. The phone line was silent for a few seconds. I was shaking. This could be it.

"I got the letter," I quivered trying to stay calm. I sat on my carpeted stairs. I heard soft shuffling sounds from the other end of the phone.

"And?" Kian asked.

"Come over right now," I gulped, "And bring Sam." Before either of us could say goodbye, we both hung up. Kian obviously caught my tension. He was probably just as nervous about this as I was. But, for different reasons.

I couldn't do this without Kian and Sam. They are my best friends. They are my whole world. I wouldn't be able to live another day without them.

The white envelope sat in my lap, with its seal unbroken. I examined the letter. I noticed my name and address typewritten in the middle. I also noticed the huge stamp in the left corner. NYC Performing Arts School, it said. And had a printed picture of their logo and mascot.

Sam and Kian arrived shortly. I heard a knock at my door, and let them in. I lead them into my kitchen, with the letter in my hand. Mom stood at the counter with her coffee mug in hand.

"Ready?" I spoke nervously. Kian and Sam nodded. I took a deep breath. This letter will determine everything.

I stuck my nail under the side corner and ripped open the envelope. I took out the piece of paper inside. Everyone was watching me.

I quickly met eyes with Kian. I shoved the letter towards him. "Kian, I.. I can't do it. You open it for me," I quickly mumbled.

I turned my back away from him and started pacing back and forth. I fiddled with my fingers, looking at the floor.

"No, Kendall," Kian said, "I can't do this for you." He held his arm out, handing me the letter.

Sam added on to Kian, "Kendall, it's your letter. You have to read it."

I hastily grabbed the letter from Kian. I was so anxious. "But-but-but, what if I don't get in?" I stuttered "What will happen? I mean they only except 50 new students a year. What are my chances of getting in? They take kids from all over the country! I'm on millions of teenagers around the world. I do-"

"Kendall, open the letter," Kian seized my babbling. I looked at him. Him and Sam gave me reassuring glances. They believed in me.

I took a deep breath and opened up the folded paper. I began to read out loud, "Dear Ms. Kendall James,..."

I read the rest of the letter in my head. At this point, everything in my world stopped. It was just me and this letter. As I read, my facial expression never really changed. Only my eyes got wider and wider. This was too good to be true.

"I got in," I spoke ever so calmly.

"You did?" Kian questioned me.

"I got in!" I said a bit louder and with more enthusiasm. "Oh my God, I don't believe it! I got in!"

Everyone around me cheered. A huge smile spread across my face. I couldn't believe it.

"You deserved it, baby," My mom pulled he into a hug, squeezing my shoulder. All my hard work finally payed off.

"I GOT IN, I GOT IN, I GOT IN, I GOT IN!" I jumped up and down and screamed. I was elated. Little fireworks went off in my head. This was fantastic. Everything was finally working out.

I ran up to Kian and Sam and hugged them both. I couldn't believe my dreams were finally coming true.

I just got accepted into NYC Performing Arts School. This was literally amazing.

__________________________________________

author's note:

sup guyssss. so this is the prologue for my fanfic. it takes place about 5 or 6 years before the actual story will take place. this just give some necessary background information for the story. haha. anyways, it's kinda short, but i hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. :)

vote, comment, and fan! love ya'll to the moon and back.

-tay tay