Initiation

I was informed the next day of my initiation. Apparently, for this I needed to jack some of the animargi potion that Slughorn kept in his office to show the 7th years. I just needed a distraction, easy peasy. So I came up with a plan.

Potions class in the dungeons had just begun. I took my usual seat next to the three boys, fingering the firework from Zonko's that was hidden in my sleeve. Ten minutes in, we were boiling bits of Chinese Chomping Cabbages along with other ingrediants I hadn't bothered to look at (or add, for that matter), and the room was thick with smoke.

Easy peasy.

As inconspiciously as I could, I let the firework drop into my hand, getting a firm grib as I eyed Snivellus' potion. Sirius saw where I was looking and covered a snicker by pretending to look at his book. Remus frowned, and James grinned encouragingly. Severus looked up just in time to see me throw it.

He was quite alarmed when it flew through the air and into his perfectly brewed Sleeping Draft, which splased onto his face. He fell backwards, unconcious, onto the floor. Everyone started running over to see if he was okay- or more likely to laugh at him. I felt a bit guilty as I darted into Slughorn's office in the ruckus, filling a flash with a silverly blue liquid, amost the caulden convieniently labled 'Animargi Concoction'.

I slipped the flask back into my robes and ran back to my seat as quickly as possible, just in time, as Slughorn had Snape groggily awake in his chair. When he caught sight of me he glared, but I waved innocently. His obsidian eyes narrowed some more.

Now I stood in the girl's bathroom, ignoring the moans coming from the loo next to mine. I sniffed the potion, it didn't smell bad at all. But as I brought it to my lips and poured the liquid across my tounge, a feiry sensation built in my chest, as if my very being were on fire.The only thing that kept me going, sadly, were evil thoughts of painful revenge on the marauders.

My body began to slowly, painfully molt into something else entirely- I blinked a few times after the pain ceased. Why was everything black and white?

But I turned my head slightly, and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirrow. I would have gasped if the animal form allowed it, but it honestly sounded more like a sneaze than anything.

Staring back at me in the dirty mirror was a sleak black wolf, the same color as my hair.

I concentrated for a moment before I was able to transform back into a human being, and gasped for air. Gosh, that had hurt quite the bit.

"Those bloody gits..." I muttered, slinging my school bag over my shoulder and bounding down the stairs, around the corridors, and eventually coming to the portrait of the Fat Lady.

"What's the password?"

"How many times have you asked that question?" I murmured, and replied, "Garden Gnome."

She smiled and swung open, revealing a laughing common room of students. All three of the marauders were chatting in a sofa by the fire. I pulled my History of Magic book out, and whacked each one in turn with it.

Excluding Remus of course- he had warned me, so I needn't whack him at all. James and Sirius began a string of insults, but once they noticed it was me, their traps instantly shut. James gave me a lopsided smirk, and Sirius winked.

"So," Siri asked, "How was it?"

"Black wolf!" I whispered, throwing my hands dramatically in the air, then placing my hands on my hips in total pout mode, "That. Hurt. Alot."

He nodded seriously, all puns aside. "Yeah, doesn't it?"

"Awesome job killing Snivellus' potion!"

"It wasn't really nice, though," I bit my lip, trying to push all the guilt aside. Why was I feeling guilly?! It was only Snivellus, after all.

"That was you?"

We all knew the voice- my best friend who didn't honestly approve of me, and the one that James loved to hear. Currently the voice was ever so whiny and annoyed and up an octave or two.

I turned to face Lily Evans, whose green eyes looked angrier than ever, "You can't go blowing up people's potions! Escpecially Sev's!"

"Sev? What a pet name!" Sirius snickered, while James glared accusingly. Laughing, my twin turned around and proceeded conversing with Remus.

"You need to go apologize right now!" Lily demanded, stomping her foot, and grabbing my hand, "He's probably out by his tree by now, it's nearly dinner, come on!"

I was being dragged along on my aching feet, which were still sore from earlier, as we made our way outside. Severus was under his tree alone, as everyone else was headed inside for dinner. By the time we got there, the tree of us were the only ones outside.

"Severus, Lynx has something she wants to tell you," Lily gave me a meaningful look and I let my shoulders slump.

"Does she?" Severus' smooth voice sounded as surprised as they get. He looked up from an essay, setting his quill back in the ink bottle.

"Yes, she does!" Lily folded her arms.

I shuffled my feet, not meeting his eyes. "I'm really sorry for blowing up your potion earlier."

He blinked a few times, registering what I was saying, before he replied, "Er... It's okay, I guess."

I grinned wickedly, pulling my head up, all confidence regained, "Is that permissioin?"

He glared at me, "No, of course not!"

Lily, who's pleased look dissapeared, nudged me. I sighed, giving up.

"Fine. Snivellus, Er, Severus. I am very, very sorry for blowing up your potion and I may or may not -OW! Lily!- I mean I won't do it again."

"Friends?" He put a hand out for me to shake. I wrinkled my nose.

"Ew, no wa-" Lily glared, "Fine, whatever."

I shook his hand, and soon ran up the hill, away from the conversing pair.

Ew.

I was friends with Snivellus the Snivelling Slytherin.

Sirius was not going to be pleased.

----

We worked hard on this! It would have been up much, much sooner, but due to major procrastination (majorly due to schoolwork) on Kay's part, it was late. Sorry. BTW: The cover is only temporary, we'll get another one soon.

Bye!

Comment and Vote! Thanks!

:)