The first to be bitten

"I'm going for a walk!" I yelled to my parents. I knew they wouldn't hear me over the kids screaming, but I didn't care. I needed out. I just needed fresh air. I slipped on my shoes and headed for the forest.

The sounds of the city slowly disappeared into the sounds of the forest. Birds chirping, buzzing bees everything to do with a forest. I inhaled the scent of pine making me relax further. My feet sunk slightly into the soft earth, branches would snap on occasion.

I came into a clearing and sat down on a fallen log. It was so peaceful. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath allowing the calm of the forest to deep into my skin. I focused on the little sounds and I jumped slightly when a branch snapped behind me. I turned around slowly and gasped.

A beautiful white wolf stood between two trees. I stood slowly and faced the wolf. Our eyes met and I was lost to the world. The wolf was a male. An alpha. You could tell by his size and the way he stood. He walked towards me with power and confidence. His eyes never leaving mine. I walked forward and knelt to the ground so I was closer to his height.

"Your so beautiful" I whispered out. His ears perked around and he continued to walk towards me. In a few more steps he was standing proudly in front of me. He stood tall with his chest out.

He began to lower his head towards me, I reached out my hand slowly and he places his head on my palm. I slid my hand threw his white fur. It was so soft and thick. My hand went from his forehead around his ears and to his neck.

He took a small step close and bowed his head. I stared in amazement. The tip of his wet nose touched my neck making me flinch slightly. Both of my arms came up and snaked around his large neck. I wasn't scared of him, and he wasn't afraid of me. I felt like I was safe and he was comforting me in a way.

We stood in the clearing for a long time. I was about to release his neck when a sharp pain shot threw my neck. The pain spread threw my shoulder and down my spin. I cried out in pain and gripped onto the white fur. Tears came to my eyes as the pain became worse. I lost my thought and my grip on the wolf and I collapsed to the ground.

The sky above me was dark and calm. My eyes became heavy and my body grew colder.

"Shadow!!...... Shay?!" My name was being called but I couldn't answer, couldn't move, everything went black. Something moved to my left then heat washed over me.

I could feel the soft and strong breaths of the wolf as I drifted off into unconsciousness.