Chapter 29 - Gone

Start from the beginning

-------------------------

The park down the street from our house was isolated considering it was about 10 p.m. I sat on one of the swings and gazed at the grass below me thinking about my father. It was a bit chilly but my body was too numb to even care. I leaned my head against one of the chains and ran my fingers up and down them. Why did he have to go? I was so happy and now everything is crashing down on me again. I felt so alone again, back at square one.

I heard footsteps behind me and a jacket was suddenly placed around my shoulders. Harry picked me up and then sat back down on the swing with me on his lap. He sighed and ran his hands up and down my arms warming me up.

"You can talk about it, you know." He told me.

I shook my head and let another tear fall as he quickly wiped it away with his thumb.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered in my ear.

"I just can't believe that this happened. I finally had my father back and now he's gone again." I mumbled trying to contain myself.

"I know, I think he's somewhere better now, though. He's finally with your mother." He said which caused me to think. Maybe he is finally happy again.

"But now I'm alone again." I sighed as more teardrops fell.

He took my hand in his and kissed my tears away, "You're not alone, you're never alone. You have me, the boys, and the girls. We were always your family as well."

I nodded my head knowing that he is right. They'll always be there for me and I won't be alone. He reached in his back pocket and took something out.

He handed me a letter with my name engraved on it, "They found this at his house, it's something for you. I think your father wrote it. I didn't open it because I didn't want to be rude."

I brushed my fingers over the paper and then slowly opened it. I unfolded the letter and scanned what it said.

Dear Sam,

If you're reading this right now then that means that I've probably passed away. I decided to write this at a young age just in case something fatal ever happens. If something did, then I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you when you needed me most. I'm sorry I ever ran away, but I was going through a tough time without your mother. I loved her dearly and what happened to her was just tragic. You know I love you a lot as well. I remember how much you looked up to me when you were younger. I guess I didn't turn in to a good example later. But, I want you to stay strong for me. Please, don't ever turn out like I did. You've got something real special and I know you're going to be great. I'll be watching you from above with your mother, I can't wait to see her again. Just know that you're never alone. I love so much Sam, keep being the strong, beautiful, and amazing girl you are.

I'll see you again some day,

Dad.

My hands shook a bit as I finished reading it. He was right, I shouldn't mourn over it the rest of my life. I have to move on, but it's going to be really hard. I took a sharp breath and noticed that there was something written under it. It was to Harry.

"Harry, there's something on here for you too." I told him and he looked at it curiously.

We both began to read the letter under it.

Dear Harry,

When I had first saw you with my daughter, I knew you two were perfect, even though I was a little bit weary about the fame. It's just the way you look at her just like I used to gaze at my wife, with pure love. I remember when we got married. I remember how excited we both were and how emotional it was for the both of us. The wedding in a church, the reception on the beach, and, of course, our honeymoon in Bermuda. I picked that island because I remember how your mother always wanted to lay on the beaches with pink sand spread around them. We had the best times of our lives and hopefully, in the future, you both will too. I just want you to do me one favor: protect her for me. Give her all the love you can everyday and show her what it's like to feel happy. Hug tighter, kiss longer, laugh more together, just do what you can while you're still alive and well. Don't forget about her. You have my trust and I'll be watching you as well.

Sincerely,

Your Hopefully Father-In-Law to be.

I watched as he wiped away the few tears that began to disperse from his eyes. He took a deep breathe and his gaze fell on to me once again.

"I'll protect you forever and I promise that I won't ever leave." He swore and I felt my broken heart begin to piece together again.

"I just want him to be here." I mumbled my voice cracking.

"I know." He whispered as he began to rock the swing a little bit back and forth comforting me.

"I never really say this a lot, but I love you. You're always there to comfort me and help me." I cried into his chest.

"It's alright, I'll always love you no matter what."

After a little while he spoke up, "Let's go home and get you warmed up, yeh?"

He picked me up and I nuzzled my head into his neck as carried me back to the car.

-----------------------

Harry let me down to unlock the door in our house. He gestured for me to enter but I notified him that I'd only be a minute. When I was alone I checked the mailbox to see another anonymous letter. I opened it reading the small note it contained and my legs began to tremble.

Just like the fire station, you're life is going to crumble. -J

I shook my head in disbelief and stuff the letter in my coat pocket. How did he know about the fire station so soon? I walked inside and cautiously put my coat on the hanger. Harry strolled in, a look of sympathy on his face. I needed to ask him this.

"Harry, do they know how the fire started?" I asked blankly.

He sighed and ran his fingers through his curls, "They said it was an arsenal. They don't know if it was accidental or intended yet."

I felt my heart stop beating for a moment. He couldn't have gone that far, could he? I felt like I was in a never ending nightmare and I was scared. I began crying in to my hands realizing how dangerous this situation really is. I immediately felt my self being lifted up.

"It's okay, sweetheart. Please don't cry." Harry comforted bringing me up the stairs.

I started to calm myself down and I began to have a headache from all the crying I've done, "I want to go to bed, I have a headache."

"I know, you need to rest."

He brought me into our room and laid me down on the bed. He exited the room for a minute then came back in with a glass of water and some pills. He sat me up and I took two while drinking a bit of my water. He then gently pushed me back down on the bed and kissed my forehead.

"Please stay." I whimpered reaching for him.

He nodded his head, stripping down and crawling in next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and continued to comfort me. I kept thinking about the note. I know I shouldn't assume things, but I can't help but feel that something even worse is about to happen. Soon I let myself drift to sleep, and my dreams took over.

A/N: I'm sorry if I damaged your emotions during this chapter, haha. Do you think John caused the fire? Keep on reading! I'm loving all the reads I'm getting, thanks so much!! Don't forget about my other book My Guardian. Take some time to read that one as well! :) Love you all!

Don't forget to vote!! :)