Never spoke a word

Kallen came by once in a while to visit Lelouch. She walked with him to the garden where they would have afternoon tea together. Sometimes, Nonnette would accompany him as Kallen filled him in with what was going on in Japan and around the world. Sometimes, Gino would be there watching over Lelouch, nodding as Kallen left as a form of thanking her for visiting.

Kaguya visited him sometimes too, with Tian Zi and Xing Ke. Like Kallen, they would tell him stories of the world - the world after the war. Lelouch's eyes would brighten at some random points of their tales and shadows of a smile would come to his lips.

Sometimes, Suzaku would take over Gino and Nonnette's duty, standing in the shadows to watch over the reinstated prince. Lelouch looked pale under the bright sun, but his dark hair didn't seem to have lost its shine. Sometimes, he would turn to look at Suzaku and smile.

But he never spoke a single word.

Not to Suzaku, not to Nunnally.

Not to anyone.

When there were only the two of them in the sunshine garden, Suzaku would stand closer to Lelouch. He registered the look of disdain on Lelouch's face and wondered if his presence was what troubling the prince. But Lelouch surprised him one day when he suddenly picked up his pen and scribbled on one page of the notebook he always carried around. He held the page up, showing it to Suzaku, who blinked in confusion at the sudden action.

'Tea?'

Like every other Knights dedicated to protecting Lelouch, Suzaku would be the one to make the tea. He would never allow anything or anyone to poison the prince.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The 130th day since I woke up in the palace,

Kallen told me there's this large flower garden they're building in Japan to commemorate lives lost to the war. She said I should pay them a visit sometimes. Kaguya told me they missed me.

Somehow, I don't find it surprising that it's hard to believe.

p.s/ Knights of Rounds make fabulous tea. I bet the kitchen hands are threatened.
p.p.s/ Nothing much happened today. I guess I need to be more patient.

-------------------------------------------------------------

370 days in a yearजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें