What seemed like hours of silence passed when in reality it was only a few seconds until Noctis decided to speak. "Sit." he instructed.

Without speaking the men obeyed and sat down on their seats. They shuffled uncomfortably in their chairs, waiting for their king to utter his next order.

Scanning the table one again, Noctis' eyes stopped when they fell upon a bald man. The man immediately stiffened when his eye locked with his King's cold gaze. "Your report please." Noctis said, giving the councilmen his authoritative to speak.

"Yes, your majesty." The councilmen quickly stood up from his seat. Gathering his papers he cleared his throat before starting. "So far the recovery of Lucis is going smoothly." he began explaining. "People are already starting to move back into their homes. I'm one hundred percent positive that it won't be long until our kingdom will be back on it's feet once more."

Noctis nodded in approval of the councilman's report. "That's good to hear."

"However." the man's voice suddenly turned grave. "We still have some issues your majesty." he peered at Noctis with stern eyes. "Despite the rebuilding of Lucis, our economic state isn't getting any better."

"It's been a year since the defeat of Niflheim your majesty." another one of the councilmen spoke up. "Surely our people are expecting things to get better by now."

All eyes fell on Noctis as they waited for his input. Noctis could not help but swallow nervously. He knew about the downfall of the kingdom's economy ever since the war ended. It left many people with no jobs and even some with no homes. "I'm aware of this, and I'll try to think of a solution." he quickly answered. But he knew they were not impressed by his response. Their stern expressions did not waver.

"Trying isn't good enough, your majesty." the councilmen refuted. "If we don't take action now our kingdom will fall again. And when it does, who knows if we'll be there to save it." he subtly hissed.

"People are already starting protests." they continued. "If you don't do something about it soon, your whole kingdom will soon turn against you." narrowing his eyes, glared at Noctis. "I'm sure you don't want us to be going into war again, your majesty." He warned "I don't think this is what his majesty Regis had in mind when he left Lucis in your hands."

Noctis tensed at the sound of his father's name. His face contorted into an expression of anger. His teeth clenched and his hands began to ball into fists. Looking up he glared at the councilmen. "Watch it--"

"I think it's best if we call this meeting to a close." Ignis suddenly butted in.

Immediately, the attention of the ten councilmen averted to the royal adviser. Noctis looked up in surprise at his friend who was standing beside him throughout the meeting. Ignis was able to pick up the change in Noctis' mood in an instant.

"His majesty and I will think of a solution to solve this problem, I promise you that." Ignis said, pushing the glasses up the bridge of his nose. "But for now, our main focus is to rebuild the kingdom." he then looked down at Noctis.

It took a few seconds before Noctis caught his cue and rose from his seat, everyone following suit. "That concludes this meeting. Thank you for your time."

All the councilmen bowed their heads respectively to their King. Without uttering another word, Noctis walked out of the council room with Ignis by his side. Not once did he turn back to take one last glance at the men before the heavy door closed behind him.

Every fiber in his being felt heavy, his movements were still sluggish for the meeting had drained every last drop of energy he had left in his body. Sighing, he trudged his way down the palace halls, eventually making his way outside on the balcony. With his arm perched on the stone railing, Noctis lifted his hand and pinched the bridge of his nose in distaste. He was disgusted that the meeting had taken the worse turn. Nothing good ever came out of that room. He was sick and tired of the council bickering and complaining over what to do. There was nothing enjoyable about a bunch of old men having pointless arguments among themselves.

How'd you do it father? Noctis would always wonder.

"Good work out there Noct." Ignis said. But Noctis could tell he was only teasing him.

Noctis rolled his eyes at Ignis. "If I were to stay in there any longer, I don't think I would've made it out alive." He groaned, loosening the tie that was wrapped around his neck. He instantly felt a wave of relief after escaping the restraints of his tie, mimicking the feeling of being freed from the tight grasps of the council. "Thanks, by the way." he said, turning to Ignis. He seriously didn't know what he would've done if his best friend wasn't there to save him. The council would've eaten him alive.

Ignis smirked. "You would've been in a lot of trouble if I wasn't there."

"I can't stand those old geezers." Noctis muttered.

Ignis let out a short laugh. "I don't blame you."

The two of them looked out towards the city. They would see people gathering at the front gates of the palace. Big signs were raised and their faces were plastered with anger as their loud voice yelled out chants of protests. Noctis frowned at the sight.

"What have I done wrong?" Noctis asked. "I try so hard to bring this kingdom together again, but it just seems like everything I do goes to waste."

"Don't worry about it too much Noct. I'm sure things will be get better soon, just give it some time." Ignis said.

But the frown remained on Noctis' face. "I'm not worrying." he muttered, his attention remained fixed on the protesters. "We're running out of time to give Ignis." he breathed out another heavy sigh. "The councils right, it won't be long until we go into war again."

Ignis continued to watch his friend in worry. He knew there wasn't much he could do to help at this current moment. The only thing he could do now was give his friend words of encouragement. "Don't be so certain yet Noct. Things will change. You know better than to listen to those old geezers." Looking down at his watch, Ignis then realized the amount of time that had passed. "I would love to stay, but I'm afraid I have work to do now."

"Oh, I'll see you around then?" Noctis asked.

Ignis nodded firmly. "Take it easy, okay." he said, placing a hand on Noctis' shoulder. "Go clear your mind, you can even take a nap if you want. Daunting on it won't do good on your health."

A scoff escaped the Prince. "Okay mother," he rolled his eyes.

Ignis smirked, "See you later, your majesty." and with that, he turned his back and left the Prince by himself on the balcony.

Left alone, Noctis took this time to recollect his thoughts. Closing his eyes, he could still see the council's cold eyes glowering at him, as their icy glares penetrated through his defenseless soul. He felt so powerless in that very moment, and he hated it. Opening his eyes, his orbs immediately fixed their attention down at the protesters. It was hard for him to see the people who once looked up and respected the royal family, are now turning their backs and going against him. How would his father feel, if he saw this happening right now? Noctis felt a surge of guilt wash over him.

"Have I chosen the wrong path?" his deep-blue eyes glanced up towards the sky overhead as if they were searching for an answer among the clouds.

"Please," the young Prince pleaded. "help me...father."