Chapter Sixteen

- (Natalie)-

I wake up shaking after tossing and turning. My whole body is quivering and shaking. My body is cold and hot at the same time. Everything down to the bone hurts.

I turn my head looking around because I can't muster the strength to sit up. "Regina?" my voice comes out scratchy and broken.

"You're awake, thank god." I hear her voice but don't move. I blink a few times before focusing on her form on the wall.

"Are you ok?" I ask looking her over, she frowns before chuckling as tears run down her face. "What's wrong he didn't hurt you did he?" I ask worried as I try to sit up.

"Natalie no don't get up!" she yells forcefully and I lay back down. "No sweetheart I'm fine, it's just you were the one that had part of you sucked out and you are worried about me." she says sniffling.

"I'm sorry it's what I do." I say and she smiles. "Honey I'm the mom, it's what I do." She says and I hiss as I begin coughing.

My body rattles with coughing fits. "Natalie breath, breath." She says and I do carefully. After I feel my breath come back to my body I lay back trying to relax.

"Sweetheart you need to sleep." She says and I roll over onto my hands and knees before half crawling and dragging myself towards Regina.

"Natalie what are you doing!? No stop now!?" she yells panicking. Finally I get to her bent knees on the ground.

"Natalie are you ok?" she asks and I take some deep breath and steady myself. "Yeah I'm fine." I whisper before shifting to a sitting position with my back against the wall and my side next to her.

I curl up beside her and sigh deeply. "I don't want to be by myself over there." I say closing my eyes and leaning my head back.

"Natalie?" I hear her call as I drift to the brink of sleep. "Mhh?" I say cuddling closer to her. "Baby I love you, you know that right?" she says and I nod as I feel the darkness pull me in.

"Yeah I know."

Later I feel a warm body next to me. I open my eyes and see Regina watching me closely. "Honey how do you feel?" she asks and I shrug

"Cold and achy." I say sitting back against the wall.

I watch her as she looks at me with such love. "You really do love me." I mutter looking at the ground. Regina turns her head to look at me.

"Oh course I love you, there is no one I love more. You and Henry are my heart and soul." She says and I look up at her.

I lean my head back against the wall. "I need a name for you." I say thinking as I hear her chuckle. "What Regina isn't good enough?" she says and I snort before grabbing my ribs.

"Everyone calls you Regina. Henry calls you mom, but I have a mom already." I say and I don't open my eyes because I don't want to see the hurt that might be there.

"I need my own special name for you." I say and I open my eyes to see her smiling.

I think for a few minutes before smiling. "Reggie." I say and I hear her laugh. "Reggie really?" she asks and I nod moving closer to her.

"Yeah you're my Reggie." I say and she smile with tears in her eyes at me.

"Ok now Reggie I'm going to help you stand. You need to get your arms moving before you lose blood flow in them." I say and she shakes her head.

"I'm fine but you need to save your energy. "She says and I stand up in front of her. My legs shake but I ignore them and grab her waist helping her stand.

She starts swaying back and forth like she is going to fall. I wrap my arms around her waist in a hug like position.

"Your hugging me." she says and I can hear the smile in her voice. "No I'm keeping you steady." I say and she laughs.

"Now move you arms and get the blood flowing." I command and she begins moving her arms. "I'm supposed to be taking care of you." She says and I smile. "I take care of other people, it's what I do." I say and she laughs before kissing my hair.

"I know."