18. United

Simon's POV

"Has he called yet?" asks Kaley, as she gets into my room, and closes the door slowly and soundlessly. The entire cast of the Big Bang Theory are at my house right now, but only Kaley and I know what Jim is going to do. I decided to wait in my room for him to call so that no one else could hear.

"No," I reply, not looking at her and dropping my phone on the desk.

"Ugh!!! Freaking Jim. Why is he taking so long?"

"I don't know, but I can't wait in my room much longer. If I do, they'll know something's going on."

Kaley looks at the floor for a few seconds and moves her head up and down. "Do you think he will do it?" she asks, sounding a little worried.

I look at her with an exasperated look on my face. "Of course, Kaley. The man knows it is time for him to spill the beans. Plus, he sounded really serious."

"Are you sure? Maybe you should call him."

"Call who?"

Kaley and I were so concentrated talking that we didn't even notice Mayim had walked into my room.

"Ohh...Mayim...hey," I start nervously.

"Why are you here guys?" she asks, curiously.

"Umm...umm...we were just—

"The truth," she says, interrupting Kaley.

Kaley turns to look at me, and I take a step forward. "Mayim..." I start. "We are here waiting for Jim to call us."

"Why? Is something going on?"

"Yes...J-Jimmmm..."

"Jim is going to tell Amelie how he feels," interrupts Kaley.

"WHAT??!!" shouts Mayim. "Why didn't you tell us??!!!"

"Well because we are not sure if he'll do it or not, and we don't want to bring anyone's hopes up if he doesn't," I say.

"But then why does Kaley know?"

"Because she was the only one who answered the phone at 3 am in the morning."

"Ohh..." says Mayim. "Then that is what the missed call was about."

I nod. "I called you, Melissa, Johnny, Kunal, and just Kaley answered. Then we agreed to keep it a secret until it was official."

"Well...anyways...this is still exciting news!" she squeaks.

"And what about you," says Kaley. "Do you think he'll do it?"

Mayim thinks about it for a second, and takes a seat on my bed. "Well...knowing Jim, I think maybe he might pee his pants in the moment, but I can't really find a reason for him not to tell her if he sounded as determined to as you guys said."

I nod and then turn to look at Kaley. "Mayim's right," I say. "There is absolutely no reason." There is a small pause, and then I continue. "So...should I call him?"

"Maybe if he doesn't call you in an hour you should," says Mayim.

"Alright."

"But for now...join in with everybody else."

Amelie's POV

The last person I wanted to see on the entire world is here, and worst of all...he is walking towards me, a girl on his side, and a smile on his face, like if nothing had ever happened, like if we didn't have any problems.