19: Through the Trapdoor PART FREAKIN' THREE!!

Untraceable chapter 19

UNCLAIMER!! I DO NOT OWN ANY CHARACTERS, THINGS, PLACES, ETC FROM HARRY POTTER!! I ONLY OWN SAPPHIRE AND NELLIE AND POSSIBLY SOMEONE ELSE I HAVE FORGOTTEN!!(LIKE LEONARDO). EVERYTHING ELSE BELONGS TO J.K ROWLING. IF I OWNED HARRY POTTER THEN I WOULDN'T BE ON WATTPAD. GOT IT? K, ON WITH THE STORY!!....

***Recap: "And lucky I was there to remind Hermione!" I grinned and the three of them chuckled lightly. And with that, we walked down the narrow stone passageway to whatever dangers lay ahead.***

At the end of the passageway was a small chamber, I could hear some strange fluttering noises coming from inside but I brushed it off as a hearing problem. I seem to have a lot of them. When we actually stepped inside the brightly lit chamber, my 'hearing problem' was resolved, fluttering around up in the high-arched ceiling, were about a hundred brightly coloured jewelled birds.

"Do you think they'll attack us if we cross the room?" Asked Ron apprehensively.

"Probably." Said Harry.

"They don't look very vicious, but I suppose if they all swooped down at once..." I trailed off.

"We'll there's no other choice... I'll run." Harry told us. He took a deep breath and, covering his face with his arms, ran across to the big wooden door on the other side of the room. Nothing happened, the birds were still fluttering around in the ceiling.

Harry pulled on the doorknob. The door wouldn't budge. Even when Me, Ron and Hermione came over to help, the door remained locked. Hermione's alohomora charm didn't even work.

"Now what?" I asked.

"Those birds... they can't be here just for decoration..." Hermione trailed off thoughtfully. We all stared at the glittering birds up above.

"They're not birds!" Harry said suddenly.

"They're keys!" I finished off his sentence, noticing now why the birds glittered.

"Yes – winged keys! – look carefully. So that must mean..." Harry looked around the chamber for something while Ron and Hermione studied the keys and I stood there like an awkward person.

"Yes – look! Broomsticks! We've got to catch the key to the door!" Harry exclaimed, noticing the row of broomsticks lined up against one wall.

"But there are hundreds of them!" I said apprehensively while Ron examined the lock on the door.

"We're looking for a big, old-fashioned one – probably silver, like the handle." He told us.

All four of us got a broomstick and soared up into the cloud of keys, catching and releasing all the wrong ones. But it wasn't easy; the keys flew up to your face before darting away like a game of chase, teasing us. It wasn't long before we all wanted to give up. But then I spotted a large silver key that had a bent wing – as if someone had already caught it.

"Harry – that one there!" I told him, pointing out the key.

"The one with the bent wing!" All of us tried – in vain – to catch the key.

"We've got to close in on it!" Harry called, his eyes glued to the key.

"Ron, you come at it from above – Hermione, stay below and stop it from going down – Sapphire, go on the far side and drive it towards me – and I'll try and catch it. Right, NOW!"

All at once, Ron dived down, Hermione sped up, and I flew straight ahead, driving the key straight towards Harry. I'm actually surprised that me, Ron and Hermione pulled up in time so that we didn't crash.