"Stop it" Pheonix said lightly, tilting my head up and wiping my tears away gently before continuing.

"Did you ever think that maybe it didn't work out with any of those boys in high school because somehow you knew that you were already taken. That your soulmate was maybe too old for high school because he's stuck in that age but that when you were old enough to take it all on and truly know what love is, then fate would manage to bring us together so you could have your chance at happiness" 

I sat in his lap with my head laying against his chest as I thought about what he said. I knew it was all to make me feel better but still, he had a way with words and he could make you feel like the only girl in the world.

"So the whole soulmate thing is real? It wasn't just some bs to make me stick around?" I asked

"Does that mean you weren't gonna stick around?" he asked, rubbing my back gently

"It means was that just your security blanket for our relationship or is it the truth?"

He ran his fingers through my hair before responding with "I would never lie to you, love. So yes, we really are soulmates"

"Hey wait, so is that why Xander showed up? Because he wanted to meet me?" 

"Yes. Once Jadabell found out, she couldn't keep her mouth shut but didn't bother to tell me that she had told him, which ended with that surprise visit from him" he explained.

"Oh yeah, when I was in the hospital" I said more as a confirming with myself but Pheonix heard and tightened his grip on me.

Apparently me in the hospital equals an unhappy Pheonix. Makes sense, Xander was planning on using me to torture his brother until he found out we were soul mates but either way, good to know.

I glanced up from where I was still curled in his arms and saw my phone laying on the ground with the case broken off of it.

"Sorry about your wall... I feel like I hurt its feelings..Sorry Mr.Wall, I didn't mean for you to get hurt, I was just mad. Same with you Mr.Phone, you're a good phone. I'm sorry."

"They're inanimate objects, sweetheart. They cant hear you, nor do I think they care." he said, standing up and taking me with him.

"Hey! You don't know that! He's sorry guys, he's just cranky" I told them, earning an eye roll from Pheonix.

"You should've seen me when I was a kid. At night I would lay in my bed with the lights off saying goodnight to everything because I was afraid that If I only said it to certain objects then the other things would hold a grudge and break apart. I just always pictured my wall falling off in the middle of the night because I didn't say goodnight to it and thank it for all of its hard work." I paused, thinking about what I said before continuing with "hmmm, I think I was a weird child".

Pheonix just smirked and walked towards the door, his arm wrapped around my waist as he said "That's alright sweetheart, it makes you interesting" before opening the door and pulling me out of his room with him.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he pulled me along side him down the stairs.

"I'm making you breakfast because as long as you're here, I'm forcing you to eat" he said,  walking through the kitchen door.

I hopped on the counter and watched as he made me pancakes, giving me the urge to make that whole romantic food fight scene happen considering there's a bowl of pancake mix just chilling on the counter next to him.

Screw it. As he made the pancake mix into batter I scooted off of the counter and placed myself behind him with my arms wrapped around his waist saying "You look really sexy when your cooking"