Lonely

A/N;
Credites to the owners :)
Enjoy reader-chan ;)

The sun was setting. You had been wandering around for what seemed like forever, wondering, Will I ever be loved again?

Your answer was no. Why was that, you ask? Because last time you thought you were loved, you were abandoned.

You felt lonely, like your whole life flashed before your eyes and you were... dead.

But that's just silly. Right?

Well, it seemed silly to you.

You heard muffled crying from a distance. "...Huh?"

You walked closer to it, until you saw a blonde boy with his head in his arms, his legs to his chest.

You didn't know how to respond. "Um... A-Are you okay?" you asked.

He never looked up. He just shook his head.

You sat down beside him and put your hand on his shoulder. "U-Um... wh-why are you s-sad?"

He didn't reply, but he hugged you tightly. You were taken aback by his sudden gesture, but you hugged him back. He buried his face into your shoulder.

"I... just want to live again..."

Huh?

"It's so lonely..."

"I... I understand how you feel."

He held small smile, but you couldn't see it.

"I'm, uh, [Name]. A-And you?"

"...Yuki..ne..."

"Yukine?"

He nodded.

He had stopped crying, and was now just hugging you. You felt your cheeks get hot, because, well, you're hugging a total stranger who's a boy.

And probably your age.

He released you and rubbed his eyes. "A-Ah, sorry..."

"N-No, it's okay. I'm lonely, too."

"A-Are you dead, too?"

"Huh?"

"Oh, uh, nevermind, then."

Dead?

"What do you mean?" you asked.

"Uh, n-nothing..."

You heard a man yell nearby, and said without thinking, "Who the hell was that?!"

The boy, Yukine, stood up at the sight of a raven-haired man.

"Yukine, you perv!" the man scolded the boy. You looked at him and smiled, and he gave the man an annoyed look.

"Yuki- Wait! Who is this?! Yukine didn't give you any trouble, did he?!"

You shook your head. "No, he was very nice."

The man said, "Good. I'm Yato!"

"Yato? Like, the guy who grants wishes?"

"Yes! Exactly! See, Yukine? Some people do recognize me!"

"I heard a lot of people wish for stuff from you, so..."

Yukine smiled at you.

Yato yelled in pain again. You giggled and kissed Yukine's cheek, which made his face go red. You smiled at him. Then you whispered in his ear, "You're not alone anymore."