Arriving With a Bang

"If you could have one wish, what would it be?" I rubbed a coffee stain off the counter with my towel and thought deeply into the question.

"Hmm," I looked up at the boy sitting across the counter from me and stared at him dumbfounded, "End world hunger? God I don't know." I sighed and began scrubbing fiercely at the stain again.

"What about you?" I looked up at him for a moment.

"Probably to be the richest man in the world." he said proudly.

"You're so shallow Luke," I laughed. "Unless, you'll donate to charity and all that?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Have you met me Ri? Obviously I wouldn't do that."

For being an ass, I immediately threw the coffee stained towel at his face but being the swift person he is, he quickly grabbed it and threw it back at me.

"If you could have a power, what would it be?" I asked, hanging the towel and handing him his daily cup of coffee.

"Definitely the ability to fly," he stated obviously, sipping his coffee.

"Why? Invisibility is way better. Do you know how much stuff you could do or get out of with that power?" I argued.

"Well I just always wanted to fly ever since I saw peter pan." he sated nonchalantly.

"Well instead of wasting your power on flying you could have the invisibility power and then use pixie dust to fly, doofus."

"Well no need to call names, Twizzle."

"Shutup, you know Marley calls me that because of my twizzlers obsession."

"Yeah but I can't help it, it sounds funny."

"Whatever. Hey look, it's 11:30 already you're gonna be late for class."

"Geesh, I call you Twizzle once and you immediately try to get rid of me." he said in a mock tone.

"Just go! Get out! Shoo." I yelled while quickly grabbing my towel again and whipping it at him.

"Okay, geesh woman I'm leaving!"

"Bye Lukey! See ya later, love ya!"

He chuckled and waved goodbye as he left the coffee shop.

Well, back to being bored. I sighed and placed the towel down and sat down at the counter, sipping on my coffee and chewing on a twizzler.

Suddenly I heard the jingles of bells and it surprised me. The only person who came in so far today were Luke and an elderly couple sitting in a booth by the back. I quickly scurried behind the cashier and gave the costumer a warm smile, as taught, but it soon faded when I saw his appearance.

He was slowly approaching me with carefree strides. He had a smug look on his face, and if that didn't scare the twizzlers out of me, his enormous height and toned body along with a huge scary tattoo on his neck, did.

He wore black jeans, black combat boots and a black hoodie which was of course up, making me feel a lot worse.

He finally reached me and I quickly snapped out of my scared daze and forced myself to smile at him.

"Hi, how can I help you today?" I said cheerfully.

Oh my god please don't kill me.