Chapter 1

No one in the neighborhood ever thought someone would move into the house next door. Its old, rickety and has been empty for years. That changed today. I was sitting near the window sill reading, until I heard a noise of a truck stopping. I picked my head up and saw a moving van pull up. I have been watching a family of three unpacking all day. I can see a woman and a man, but I can't see the third persons face. There hood is up so I don't even know if its a guy or girl. My stalking was interrupted by the ding of my phone. I pull my eyes away and look down at the glowing screen.

Luke: Sup mother fuckers
Cal: Shut up Luke
Jen: Why does he need to shut up?
Cal: Bc I said sooooo
Me: Yeah Luke shut up
Cal: MADDIE
Luke: Wanna fuck later ;)
Me: No
Luke: Jen wanna fuck later?
Jen: Ew no
Cal: Yeah, Luke they want to fuck me
Jen: Naw to busy
Me: I can't to busy stalking
Luke: Who now?
Me: A family is moving into the house next door right now
Cal: Seriously
Me: Yeah I never thought anyone would move there. I'm gonna go byeee.
Luke: Ok bye maybe we could fuck tomorrow
Me: How about never
Cal: BYEE MADIE

I lock my phone laughing hearing the click and watching the screen turn black. I turn my head back to the direction of the window and see that the boy's hood is down. He has bright red hair all spiked up, and it looks really good. That's all I can really see though because I am two stories up. I shake my head and realize that I have been watching for way to long so I pick up my book and begin to read again.

I am pulled out of my reading once again by the loud noise of the door bell. I can hear my mom open the door, and thats followed with muffled voices coming from downstairs.

"Maddie!" My mother yells from downstairs. I huff, it's probably the new neighbors. Picking my self up off my chair, I look in the mirror. My straight blue hair was the same as always, straight and blue. I really don't care about my outfit though, its just a stripped crop top and skinny jeans. I walk out my door and run down the stairs, and I'm greeted by my mom at the door way.

"Maddie these are the Cliffords, they just moved in next door." She says smiling to all of them

"Hello." I awkwardly wave, I'm not good with meeting new people.

"Hi Maddie I'm Karen, this is my husband Daryl, and my son Michael." She explained.

"How about you kids go up stairs?" Nice job mom tell me go upstairs with the hot guy.

"Um okay I guess." I shrug "This way" I lead him up the stairs and we enter my room.

"Wow you like all of these bands?!" He questions looking around in awe. I have various band posters on my walls, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, All Time Low, Paramore, Twenty One Pilots, and Black Veil Brides.

"Um yeah, I love these bands." I tell him in an award voice, scratching the back of my neck. Why am I so awkward?

"Thats awesome." He says looking at me directly. This gives me a chance to really look at him. He has a piercing on his right eyebrow, he has very pink lips, and he has hazel eyes.

"So um you will be going to my school tomorrow?" I ask wanting to start a normal conversation.

"Yep, Sunny High right?" He asks in an accent that I'm not to sure of.

"Yep thats the one, are you from a different country? I can tell you have an accent." I ask hopefully not being to nosey.

"Yeah I am, I'm from Australia." He tells me, I am in complete awe.

"Really you moved all the way from Australia to Long Island!?" I can't believe he moved across the world! I would never be able to do that.

"Yep, my dad got a really good job here, I'm nervous about school tomorrow though." He explains looking down at the floor.

"You can hang out with me and my friends Luke, Calum and Jen. You'll like them." I say looking him in the eye. I'm sure he will like
my friends, he will fit right in.

"Ok sounds good." He nods smiling. Just on cue his mom yelled that they were leaving. I have to wait till tomorrow to see this beautiful boy again.