Trapped in Assassin's Creed

AN: This is my first fanfiction, so I don't know if it will turn out very good. I'll hopefully be better in the future...anyway, sorry this chapter is kinda short and without a lot of dialogue! I'll try to fix that in the next chapter ;)

Thanks for reading! I'll update ASAP (probably tomorrow).

eileenn_brenn

- - -

Mia sat, Xbox controller in hand as she stared with wide eyes at the television. The night had begun with her getting home from school, changing into a pair of green sweatpants and a t-shirt, putting a couple of hand fulls of chips into a plastic bowl, and sitting down to play Assassin's Creed II for the weekend. But it transformed into much more when her television screen turned black.

"Dammit," she mumbled under her breath. Mia slowly stood up and walked over to her Xbox. It was weird: her console and television were both on, but there was no picture on the screen. So Mia lazily took a step towards the machine, staring into the black screen's abyss. She reached out to touch the television, and as soon as her fingertips made contact, the screen turned a blinding white. "What the...?"

Before Mia had a chance to react, her whole living room was filled with the same bright white she had seen before. But before she had time to react to her new surroundings, tall buildings rose above her. She found herself in the middle of a long street, crowded with women wearing nice dresses and men in tunics. The building that rose before, as she had just noticed, were decorated from corner to corner with intricate designs that astonished her. the blue sky that stretched above her, omitting a bright light.

Oh my god. This looks really familiar...it looks like it's-

"Hey, frattelo (brother), she looks suspicious," Mia snapped her head to the voice coming from behind her. A man with a heavy Italian accent stood behind her with several other men, all dressed with red tunics under gleaming, silver chest guards. Several had their gloved hand on the sharp swords that hung loosely at their sides. They shot her curious looks as they slowly advanced toward her. But Mia, unknowing what to do just stood there, frozen. The men kept advancing toward her, quietly murmuring to each other and some of them slowly unsheathed their swords.

Suddenly, Mia found herself running in the other direction. She heard the guards behind her shouting, "Merda (s**t)! Get her!"

As she began running down the street, people turned towards Mia and the guards trailing behind her, shock written on their faces. Mia struggled to run around them, but ended up knocking some down in the process. She ran for a second or two before noticing an alley that was slightly hidden from her view, she quickly ran towards it, vaulting over a row of barrels blocking her path. Mia couldn't hear the guards behind her, but kept running anyway because she couldn't risk being caught by them. She continued on until she noticed an empty bench hidden under the shade and decided to rest for a minute. Mia sat, examining her surroundings and she caught her breath.

"Oh my god," she said as she caught her breath, "I'm in Assassin's Creed."