Chapter 5

Dani's POV:

I slept amazingly last night! I'm still on the couch but I'm awake but then I'm not. I can hear voices around me but I'm still sleeping. I hear footsteps coming closer. "Did they sleep out here all night?" Was that Hermione? "It looks like it." Ron says. "Well, someone needs to wake them up." Harry says. "But they look so cute together!" That was obviously Ginny. "What is everyone staring at?" George says tiredly. He wraps his arms tighter around me.

"You two lovebirds fell asleep on the couch together." Ginny tells him. I'm awake now but I pretend I am still sleeping. "Oh, yeah. I forgot." He replies. I bury my face in his chest and bring my hand to rest in his chest. "Does someone have a crush?" Fred teases him. Please say yes! Say yes! "Yeah I do." He replies. He didn't even hesitate! A chorus of 'awh' filled them room. I pretend that I just woke up. I put both of my hand on his chest and lift my head up.

"What's going on?" I mumble. George smiles at me. "Oh, George was telling us how he lik-" Ron starts but then gets elbowed by Ginny and Hermione. I pretend to look confused. "I'm going to take a shower." I get off of George and head to the bathroom. I quickly shower and change into some clothes. A pair of jeans, a purple tank top, a white and grey cardigan. I slip on a pair of purple laceless converse. I leave my hair curly and head out the Fat Lady portrait.

"Morning, Dani!" I look up and see Cedric. "Hey!" I smile at him. "Did you put your name in the goblet?" I ask him. "Not yet. I'm going to do it tonight." I nod my head. "Well, good luck." We reach the Great Hall doors. "See you around, Diggory." I laugh at myself. "I just wanted to see why everyone calls people by their last names. I don't like it." He laughs at me and heads to his table.

I sit down between George and Harry. I reach for an English muffin and start to butter it. I take a huge bite of it. I love food. "How was your morning, Dani?" Fred smirks at me. "Absolutely horrible! I've never slept so bad before." I tease George. "Really, because it was the best sleep I've ever had." George responds. My cheeks heat up and I look away quickly. Oh I need to talk to Draco! "I'll be right back."

I walk over to Draco and see Pansy sitting right next to him. "Hi, Pansy!" I wave to her. I sit down between them and side hug her. "What are you doing?" She screeches. "I just wanted to say hi to my best friend." I say cheerfully. "Don't touch me!" She screams and storms off. "Well, isn't she dramatic." I state. "You have no idea." Draco says.

"Sorry about last night." Draco mumbles quickly. "It's fine but they are my friends. At least try to get along." I put my hands together and pout. "I'll try. Potter I'm not so sure about." He sighs. "Just try. I'll talk to them later." I smile happily. "I'm going to put my name in the goblet tonight." I heard there is a barrier around the goblet that doesn't allow students underage to pass through. "Good luck getting through." I stand up and head back to the Gryffindor table. "So, what are we doing today?" The teachers decided to let us have this week off. They knew we wouldn't be paying attention anyways.

"We could head to Hogsmeade." Ginny suggests. "I do have five galleons to spend." I grin. We decided after we eat we are going to head to Hogsmeade. "Let's go. Let's go. Let's go!" I jump up and down in my seat.

"How about we will meet you guys there? I'll take Dani now." George tells them. "Oh, I see." Ginny says. George and I head off to Hogsmeade. "Dani! Wait up!" I turn around and see Cedric running up to us. I smile at him. "Heading to Hogsmeade?" Cedric asks. "We were heading there..By ourselves." I frown at George. Why is he being so rude? "Mind if I walk there with you? I need to be ahead of Christmas presents."

"Christmas? That's in two months!" I comment. "Normally, I do the night before. This time I want to be prepared." Cedric explains. Makes sense. "Are you two dating?" Cedric randomly asks. He looks at me and George. "Uhh..No were just friends." My face heats up. I look down at my shoes. "I couldn't tell. Do you want to hang out tomorrow?" Hmm, I have nothing better to do. "Sure." I tell him. "Awesome. How about one?" I nod my head and he walks into a store.

George stalks off away from me. What is his problem? I follow him into The Three Broomsticks. George sits down at one of the far tables. "George, what's wrong?" I put my hand on his arm. "Nothing." I frown at him.

"I'll go get us some butterbeers." I stand up and order two butterbeers. I walk back to the table and see everyone else arrived. I bump into someone by accident and almost spill the drinks. "Oh I'm sorry!" I apologize to the person. "Watch where you are going, blood traitor!" Pansy says. She reaches for the drinks and before I can even blink, she pours them over my head. I gasp in shock. I stand there in complete shock.

"Even looking like this, you don't look any prettier." She sneers. "What is your problem?" I demand. "Your my problem." She says. "I've never done anything to you." I tell her. "You were born." Pansy reaches for two more glasses and dumps one on me. Then she splashes one in my face. I jump back in surprise. Everyone in the room is staring at me. Pansy is smirking at me. I feel tears start to build up. I run out of the bar and just keep running. I don't know where I am going but I don't care.

I run through the forest and trip over a tree root. I don't have the strength to pull myself up. I just lay there on the ground crying. I have no idea why she hates me but did she have to do that? In front of everyone. In front of George, the guy I have a crush on? I can't believe that happened.

"Dani!" I hear people yelling. "I found her!" Whoever the person is crouches down and pulls me to them. I breathe in there scent. It smells like George. I bury my head in his chest. He wraps his arms around me. "Why did you run off? I was so worried about you?" He whispers in my ear. "Sorry."

Once again, he picks me up and carries me. I fall asleep in his arms.