I nodded my head and tried to focus but out the corner of my eye, I could see Spencer glancing at his mobile.

I rolled my eyes and bit my tongue; focusing on whatever Helena was saying.

A moment later the three of us jumped in surprise as Spencer's phone blasted another notification; this one louder than the last and I physically had to grip the edge of the sofa to keep from hitting out in anger.

"I'm sorry, sorry, I'll turn this off." Spencer said in a frantic tone, rushing to tuck his mobile into his bag.

"If today doesn't suit I can rearrange for another day." Helena said politely, clearly irritated by Spencer's lack of attention and enthusiasm.

"No no I'm here, today's fine." Spencer nodded.

"Actually," I interrupted. "Could we reschedule for next week, I'm not feeling it today," I snapped, trying to bite back the anger. "I'm sorry for your wasted journey, Helena, we'll pay you for your time of course."

"It's alright Melanie, I completely understand." I shook her hand and escorted her out of my office, closing the door as calmly as I could before rounding on Spencer.

When I turned back to him he was sat on the sofa, blinking at me guiltily with pale grey skin and a chewed lip.

"What's going on?" I demanded, folding my arms.

"Care to tell me what all of the notifications were about?" 

He guiltily chewed on his lip and gulped.

"Hart's been messaging me..." He said in a quiet voice.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"She uh," He cleared his throat, avoiding my eyes. "She's been messaging and calling and I... I don't know what to say to her."

"Since when?" I demanded, feeling my temper bubbling.

"Since the scan..." He whispered. 

"Spencer that was a fortnight ago!" I exclaimed in surprise.

"I know," he nodded. "I didn't want to stress you... I just don't know what to do, she keeps calling and texting... I reply to some, but..."

"Are you saying she's stalking you?" I scoffed.

"No, I..." he sighed. "I don't know."

"Somehow Spencer, I find that very hard to believe." I grabbed my coat and bag from my chair and the folder from my desk, nausea rising to the back of my throat.

"Whoa, what's going on, you okay?" Morgan asked as I rushed down the hallway for the elevators.

"You're in charge." I said, thrusting the folder against his chest and pushing inside the elevator.

*

After a long soak in the bath, I felt much better.

Curled up on the sofa I pulled out the laptop and sat with a mug of herbal tea scrolling through the internet for wedding dress ideas. 

I jotted some down on a notebook to report back to Caitlyn, Penelope and the others. I smiled at the thought of us all sat around exchanging notes.

However, that smile soon extinguished as a text popped up in the top corner of the screen. 

HART: How did the appointment with your planner go? Xxx

My eyes flew wide and my stomach dropped. 

Hart didn't know we had an appointment with our planner today, nobody besides Spencer and I knew that.

I frowned in confusion and shook my head, thinking there must've been some kind of mistake.