Toby

We got up early the next morning and the smell of waffles cooking made me grin,

I LOVE WAFFLES!

I eat my waffles with berries and syrup, then grab my backpack, and jog out the door with Ben, Masky, Hoodie, Jeff and E.J.

We arrive a little later than we would have liked, I mean we're not too late, just a little.

We swerve clumsily around the corridors and enter our first class.

"Sorry we're late..." Masky apologizes for all of us, and we settle into the classroom.

I instantly spot that the seat next to Tennessee is empty and take it.

I grab out my textbook and stationary then look over at the girl,

She was wearing a black and white striped top, and a white pleated skirt. She had Black converse on her feet, one of which was tapping in time to the music pumping through her black headphones.

Her eyes gleamed as she doodled all over her desk, which was painted white and already covered in black drawings of everything.

I stared at the desk trying to pick out certain drawings, I managed to pick out a few quotes, such as:

'Everything you're running away from is already in your head'

'I'm not crazy, my reality is just different from yours'

'If people were rain, I was a drizzle and she was a hurricane.'

"Are you okay?"

I suddenly jolt up, "Er- Y-yeah, I was just... Just looking."

My head twitches, there is no way on earth she didn't notice that.

"I see you have Tourettes." She says bluntly,

"I-is it THAT obvious?" I laugh,

She shrugs and smiles, "I notice these things..."

Then she goes back to drawing a boy wearing headphones on her desk.

It takes her a while to finish, since we have to work as well, But she suddenly finishes and slumps back into her chair, relaxing.

She looks at me peacefully,

"How do you draw like that?" I ask, since she was amazing at drawing.

"I observe certain people." She replies.

The bell rings and she writes something next to the drawing, adding her signature at the bottom.

She gathers her things and leaves quickly, so I look at the drawings on her desk.

Next to the drawing of the boy is an arrow pointing at him labeled, 'Toby Rodgers'

The weirdest thing is it looks just like me,

Yet I still hadn't told her my name.