DML: Chapter Four: Lee Likes to Watch

The music is somewhat muted now. This booth is a cosset of heat, darkness and it smells like sex.

Ben comes up behind me, and my body goes on high alert, fight or flight response, I think. What an odd time for it to kick in. As if sensing my body’s preparation to do something silly, with a speed I cannot match, Ben twists me around by the shoulder, and has me on my back with my camisole pushed up under my breasts. I lift my head up, mouth forming an O. How impatient he is! My jean button is already unfastened. He growls and presses a kiss to my navel. Adrenaline pumps hard and fast now, but I’m going nowhere so I disregard the urge to run. Ben lies between my legs and urges them to hook around his waist. I think he likes that move more than I do. When his eyes lock on mine they widen in surprise at the cool, considering look I analyze him with, because I’ve figured it out, what he’s doing.

Oh, my darling, what were you expecting? A woman who falls to pieces and trembles in fear of who and what you are even as she craves to be with you? I’ve already done that, and I survived it, see? With a small smile, I think of how I’m not afraid, and that how fast he moves does not shock me. I think, when he kisses me, it’s my own personal slice of heaven, and I would give everything for him to do it again.

With a chuckle of relief I feel down to my toes, he leans over and starts at the base of my neck, letting his lips rest there. Then he moves up over my collarbone and rubs his cheek against it. Higher, to the curve where my neck meets my shoulder, and presses a kiss to my pulse point. A little higher, hovering at my throat he breathes in deeply, and sighs, his cool breath blowing over my skin. He bites me, a tiny thing without breaking skin, and my heart rate doubles. I whimper, and no, I’m not going to bother to hide it. Holding my breath is making me dizzy. Finally, his mouth moves to my ear and brushes over the outer shell.

He says, “Choose.”

Holy mother, that voice! Dark, smooth, and laced with raw power. A delicious energy buzzes over my skin and makes me quiver. My inner ear tingles and that is from a whisper. What will happen if he shouts at me? My fingers grip the edge of the faux velvet booth. Looking out onto the crowded dance floor is easy; his gaze is on my throat instead of entangled with mine.

The room is smoky. Vivacious, I would say if I’m ever asked again, when I’m of sound mind. The electro pop flows smoothly then becomes sharp, jagged, and intense. The DJ raises his fist signaling a change. Headphones the size of small rocks cup his head and his reflective sunglasses gleam as his head bops. His mouth opens in parody of a roar as he pushes his audience, dares them to demand more, then the baseline drops and the crowd looses control. Arms and legs thrash, clammy bodies buck, the movement fed by the undercurrent of tribal drums and sonic booms.

Dubstep.

Lee, if you were to sit on a speaker what would happen? Would the molecules of your body simply vibrate apart?

A singer with dark chocolate skin dressed in spandex sashays onto the stage. She looks like a black widow spider wrapped in buttercup petals. Her slim hips grind with every syllable she warbles over the multi-layered beats. The synthesizers pick up on her higher notes before the tightly coiled reverberations of the base kick in. Everything speeds up and blurs into a chaotic jumble.

The melody mimics the leisurely sweep of my eyes across the nameless bodies that writhe together until I spot them. They’re cruising, checking out the other couples with open lust in their expressions.

He hears me the moment I’ve chosen. Ben’s head turns slightly, dark hair flicking into his eyes. He smiles wickedly and strokes my inner thigh. Ah, I have enough moral fiber to blush at his blatant delight at my choice. I did not mean to make it complicated, or kinky, but it has to be them. I think. They will not be new to this kind of play. Better to choose people who will glean pleasure from what we do if they do so in everyday life of their own free will. Right?