Part II The Gift

Part II

The Gift

The feasting had gone near its end and Midas still stood with Dionysus with his wish pending. The God before him looked at him with warning glowing divine eyes. He was unaware if the mortal king understood what he meant by his wish. Greed was common trait within a mortal being and he should not have been surprised by the Kings wish but it was like his to divine intelligence and kindness did not fathom what the King meant.

No, he knew what he meant but the King did not clarify.

"Are you sure King? From all the wishes your mind could have imagined you ask this one? To touch with a golden embrace?"

The king did not waste time hesitant. Oh, his blood shook with excitement. What a better idea than that? His kingdom will flourish, his desire would be sated and all the Kings and emperors from afar and close would shake with envy knowing that they would never, ever have such a gift, to share with their people. King Midas thought himself so clever and cunning. It would be forever payment for taking care of Selinus.

Oh, what witty idea he had. The kingdom would all clap and sing his name with how clever their king was.

"Yes, yes, yes, spare me your wonder great God. Give me my gift I ask." He said eagerly with his hands out to take it like it held matter and he could swallow it.

Dionysus uncertain with the King's decision opened his mouth once more; wanting to be sure it was what he wanted.

"Alright, you want everything you touch to turn to gold correct?"

Midas nodded with his eyes wide in urgency.

"Yes! Everything!"

Dionysus slapped his palms onto the Kings and suddenly a spark of light from his holy hands emerged from between their closed clasping hands. Hot burning sensations smeared against Midas's hands and he gritted his teeth at the pain. Was this it? Was this how a mere mortal received such an amazing and righteous gift?

For it was unimaginable unbearable pain that shocked through his veins. It was as if needed were shoved into the heel of his palm, sending an invisible forced of power to push the blood pumping in back up his shoulders and down into the cavern of his heart. It was breath stopping; he found the oxygen around him unable to be taken in, his head dropping with light headedness. He swayed; dropping to his knees with incredible dizziness but Dionysus still held the Kings hands. Sending his power into him like a hammer to a nail, pounding with little mercy over and over again.

The King became hazy, his vision bursting with black circular stars the clouded his sight. He wheezed trying to scoff in any air around but it wouldn't take any, his mouth could not suck in anything.

His throat had become paralyzed and felt drowned with cotton.

The last his saw was the feet of Dionysus, his arms falling to his side and his hands-free from the Gods mighty grip. That was the last he ever saw of the God and satyr Silenus.

Within the morn Midas was alive, breathing with joy. He was still sleeping after his heavy partying with the other guests. Though no one suspected it was the Dionysus's doing Midas had passed out drunk. Zoe sighing heavily when she found her father on the balcony on his side red-faced and unaware of his surroundings. She had him carried to his chamber to rest while she and her lover slept again in each other's arms with lust burning between them. She had wished she had told her father.

She couldn't deny her sincere attraction to this man. She was an aching virgin longing for the soft loving caress of man in the arch of her thighs.