I closed my eyes from the burning sensation the liquor gave my throat. As I opened it I saw the guy who spilled his drink on me walking towards our little trio.

"Nate! This is Samantha or Sam, she doesn't mind what you call her." Jake introduced us. 

"Hey you're the kid who spilled his drink on me, right?" I said as I offered a hand. He awkwardly shook my hand, mumbling a 'yeah.' "Hey, it's fine. Honestly. Don't worry about it," I put my hand on his back giving him a pat and a smile to which he smiled back. His smile was probably the only thing I liked about him.

He wasn't the type of guy I am into. I like my guys loud, funny, and who are just down for a good time. Nate seemed like a cool guy, but he was just too shy for my liking. I brought up topics we could have conversations with but he'd only put effort into the first reply and then only say a few words here and there.

I took two shots and was on my second beer and he STILL didn't seem interesting to me. I groaned and told him I'd be right back. 

I walked onto the dance floor where Kate was dancing like a lunatic and poor Jake was trying not to laugh. "It's fine, you can laugh. I do it all the time" I whispered to Jake which he threw his head back in laughter. 

"Fuck you, Sam. What do you want?" Kate spat at me while moving her hair from her forehead that was damp with sweat.

"Nate is so boring! C'mon you know what guys I'm into" I whined to her. As I looked at Kate's face, her big smile was gone in a fraction of second and her eyes were immediately on mine.

"Don't look now, but there's this really really hot guy at the bar who is checking you out" she said all wide-eyed and face so close to mine. 

"What does he look like?" I asked, getting a bit excited. 

"Blonde but you can tell he is actually a brunette, skinny, and holy shit he's coming over!" Kate basically screamed in my face. Suddenly I felt a warm presence against my back.

"Hi" the guy spoke with a beer in hand and a mischievous smile playing on his face. 

"Hello" I squeaked. I'm usually confident and comfortable around guys but the way he was towering over me just threw me off. 

"Mind if I buy you a drink?" the mysterious man offered and I nodded my head then rushed to walk in front of him. 

Calm down, breath. What is wrong with you. Don't fuck up now. You can do this. I gave myself a mental pep talk.

As we got to the bar, blondie slid into the stools so easily and tried to hide a smile as I had to jump into mine. 

"Hey, these stools aren't fitted for everyone so shut" I playfully teased him. He motioned for the bartender to give us two shots of tequila, which I was thankful for. 

"I saw you talking to that guy earlier. You didn't seem too interested." He said then downed his shot. I couldn't help but look at how his adams apple bopped up then back to the middle. When he tilted his head back down, my eyes landed on his lips to which a smile appeared on. 

"Okay, you don't seem interested in that guy but you seem interested on my neck?" he laughed, it was deep and contagious. I tried to hide my smile by downing a shot.

"I don't even know your name, how could I be interested in you already?" I fired back. 

"M'names Niall." 

--------

As we got deeper into the night, the more Niall and I drank. 

The more I drank, the more secrets came out of me. I ended telling Niall how I hadn't had sex in about a year because my boyfriend cheated on me, to which he spat out his beer at and laughed at me. 

"Why are you laughing at me?" I questioned him. 

"It's just.. you not having sex in a year? How is that even possible, guys must be throwing themselves at you" He said with a few laughs here and there. 

I shook my head and said "nah, haven't really gone out since the thing happened. This is like the third time actually." I sipped on my drink.

"What about you, blondie?" I turned the tables. Now it's his turn to tell me stuff. Hopefully embarrassing stuff. 

He shrugged his shoulders and said "I don't do relationships. I'm more like a friends with benefits, or one time things you know?" I coughed at how blunt he was about it. 

"What?" I choked out. 

"I mean, I don't have time for relationships, you know? So I don't do it." he took another swing of his beer before his eyes laid on mine.

He leaned closer into me. His eyes were wide and staring into mine. Blue with flecks of gold. "Let's get out of here" he said so simply and with a sultry voice I basically melted on the spot. 

Before I could say anything he grabbed my hand and was pulling me through the club, but before we got out of the doors he stopped, smiled, and gave me a hard, forceful kiss. Then we were off.

He called for a taxi while kissing up and down my neck. Sending shivers every time he kissed behind my ear. In my drunken state, I turned around and did the same to him. I planted only a few kisses before the taxi came. 

Once we got in he told the driver his address and motioned for me to calm myself. I opened my mouth about to say that he's the one who needs calming, but quickly shut it when I looked into his eyes.

Those blue eyes were a sudden darker shade. Fires dancing in them as he stared at me. We were quiet for the rest of the ride, all you can hear is Niall taking deep breaths. The tension in the air was so thick you can almost see it. 

There was a sigh of relief as the cab stopped. Niall threw him a bunch of bills and mumbled "keep the change" as he chased after me getting out of the cab. "This way" he said while grabbing my hand and pulling inside the building towards the elevator.

We waited impatiently for the elevator that when it opened he practically shoved me inside. When the doors closed he acted so fast that my mind couldn't process what was happening. 

All of a sudden I was pressed up against the corner with Niall kissing my neck then gradually up to my ear to where he whispered "let me be your goodnight"

Authors note:

I just wrote this in my spare time okay. I didn't proof read it. I wrote the first chapter for fun around their new song Temporary Fix, but now it's a niall horan au because I actually have a plan where this could possibly go. 

Don't forget to vote and comment if you like it! 

dm me if you want to talk :) twitter: @kingtomlnsn