steps in making movie

Step one.

If you're going to make a movie, the first thing you're going to need is an idea for the movie. It could just be a simple pitch, a synopsis, or it could be a fully written script in which everything is set and final. The thing you should be careful is that a script is not really final until it's been reviewed by other people besides you or your mom. Unless you're going to make an experimental film or a very complex study into the human mind, the movie should be enjoyable, starting from the script. If people do not like your script, that probably means that you didn't try hard enough to write a good script. When you're writing a script, do not think about how it's going to satisfy you, but think about how it's going to satisfy the audience.

Step two.

Once you got the idea, you need to make a budget. This is a step that most people skip, most of the times by accident or unawareness. A budget of the movie is very important because it decides the outcome of your movie. It determines the quality of the film that you will produce. Let's think about it: Steven Spielberg decides to make another World War II movie, a film that will be more spectacular than saving Pvt. Ryan and more heart touching than the band of Brothers. But, he did not think about the budget. There were too many things going on in the movie that costs a lot but he didn't have enough money. So with that little money, he divides it up and uses it for the different parts of the film that needs much more money to make it the way he imagined.. So you must remember how much money you have, how much time you have, and how many people you're going to hire. Filmmakers called as part of production preproduction.

Once you got the money and decided how to use it, now you have to hire people who will fit in that budget and will do what you need them to do within that budget. Once again, you can't be greedy. If you're going to increase something, then you're going to have to decrease something. For example, if your budget is $10 million, and you decided to use $4 million on CGI, but when auditions come around and decide to hire Angelina Jolie as the lead role for $6 million instead of hiring another actress for $2 million as planned, not only will you be sacrificing the quality of the CGI, but you will also be short on people or those people will be working on low wages, which will make them unhappy, therefore making the production very unproductive, in final, making the movie into a mediocre piece of crap, I know film making is dynamic, spontaneous, and creative, but you should stick to their plans most of the times. That is the best way to keep everyone out of stress and to make your movie the best that you can.

Step four.

Well, now that you've got the people going, you have to start shooting the movie! In this step, no one can really help you what to do. Making a movie depends on the timing, the creative flow, cooperation & collaboration, and a hint of luck. All you can really do is try your best at the job given to you, and do your best.

Step five.

You got the film all shot? Now you have to start editing the movie. I personally think this is the most difficult yet most fun part of filmmaking. It is when you see the film come together, but also see the flaws and mistakes that you have made during the production. You try your best to fix those problems, but sometimes those efforts just go nowhere, and things just don't get any better. Once again, unless you're in a very small production with your high school buddies or just a little skit for fun, you are going to be given a very very specific job. Your job could be over by the time for postproduction or you could be working your ass off harder than you have ever done in your entire life. Production and postproduction (with this step is called) is very technical and specified.

To recap, if you want to go out and make a movie, any kind of movie that's good:

* you have to think about entertaining the audience first before you want to entertain yourself.

* You have to plan things out perfectly work at least as close as possible so that you do not spend over the budget and tear the production of a part.

* Do not undermine others or yourself. Everyone is just as important as you are and you are just as important as everyone. All you have to do is to fulfill your responsibilities and do your best to improve the production.

If you follow these guidelines, even if you're a beginner or a new timer, your production will definitely be a happy experience with an end result that will impress everyone around you.