Kai x reader

Imagine being Kai's childhood best friend. You both were born, raised and attended school in Tokushima. You weren't popular nor did you have many friends, but you didn't care. You had Kai and, to you, that was simply enough.
You and Kai did everything together. There wasn't a second  you two were separated. Where one went the other goes. That was how it worked for you both. You and Kai were very happy with your friendship, but sadly good things do have to come to an end.
It was during  the summer when you noticed Kai hasn't talked to you all that much. In fact, you haven't really saw him all that much either. You were confused and wondering what went wrong with you friendship. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months and months turned into years. You often thought about your former best friend and wondered why he left you the way he did.

8 years later

You were standing behind your counter, waiting on a customer, who was taking her sweet time, to order her meal. You stopped yourself from rolling your eyes at the woman and, instead, gritted your teeth behind your lips. You absolutely hated slow people. You just wanted to go home, however, because of the slow customer, you were forced to take her order.
After your shift was over, you were looking forward to the comfort of your silky sheets and pillows. You were lost in your day dream of being on a date with your bed when you were tackled into a hug. "Y.N!" You looked at your best friend, who looked as if she just ran miles with out stopping. "What's wrong?" You asked your tired friend. She put her hands on your shoulders before violently shaking you. "THE GAZETTE ARE COMING TO (city name)! WE HAVE TO GO!" You rolled your eyes. You never liked the visual kei bands.  Or atleast The GazettE anyways. The reason? Because the drummer, Kai, happened to be your former best friend who broke your heart. "No," your one worded answer silenced your friend. She started to pull off  her puppy dog eyes. You hated when she did that, seeing as you could never say no to that face. "Please! Please! Please!" You groaned in annoyance before finally taking up the offer of going to The GazettE live.
There you were, a week later, standing in the large venue filled with anxious fans. You just wanted to leave, but you knew your friend wouldn't allow that.
Soon the live started and, as much as you didn't want to be there, you found you were having as much fun as everyone else in the venue and soon you started head banging as well.
It was almost time for the band to play their encore, when you notice Kai looking directly at you. Your heart sped up and looked around you, trying to avoid his gaze. Soon the music started and Kai turned his attention towards his drum kit.
After the live, you walked out of the venue with your best friend. As much as you were happy to get out of there, you had to admit you had fun. You rolled your eyes at your best friend who kept going on about how hot the five men were up on stage. You couldn't blame her though, it took everything in you not to drool over their looks.
You were about to open the passenger door to the car when you heard a familiar voice calling your name. Your heart dropped down to the pit of your stomach when you turned around and looked directly at him. Your best friend cleared her throat and motioned for you to talk to your former friend. You mentally face-palmed. Of course she would do that to you, after all, she knew about Kai being your childhood best friend. You put on a fake smile and walked over to where the drummer stood. The moon light was shining on his face, making it seem as it he was some sort of God. Your heart sped up at the sight of him. You didn't think he was as handsome as he was. Well, you didn't think you were going to see him again either. He gave you his dimpled smile. Oh how you used to love his dimples. "Hi." "Hey," you replied. You couldn't help but think this scenery was just like a movie. "I'm sorry for leaving you the way I did (Y.N). Please let me explain." That did it. All the feeling you've pushed aside since he left you came flooding back, and you felt tears run down your face. "Why?" You asked in a quiet voice. It was practically a whisper. He sighed and took a small step forward. "My parents got a divorce and I didn't have the chance to say good bye. I was forced to move to Tokyo with my mom. I had to start a new school and make new friends. Making new friends was difficult because I wanted you there the most. I never even had the chance to say I love you." You looked over at the male. Your heart started beating faster. "You love me?" He nodded. "Please forgive me and give me a chance." You knew you shouldn't forgive him. After all, he's the reason you often cried yourself to sleep. But you knew at heart what your answer would be. "Yes." With that, you stepped into his opened arms and smiled for the first time in a while. "I love you too."