--1--How it All Started--

Začít od začátku

"I don't doubt that," I laughed, "The part about the girls who throw themselves at you? I'm sure several of my teammates probably already have. I think they're dumb for how they act, they think I'm a bitch, I'm sure a lot of people think so."

"Nah," he said, "I don't think you're a bitch."

"Good answer," I smiled, "Now answer the question."

"I did," he replied, "You're different, a good different."

"Thanks," I smiled shyly.

He seemed to scoot closer and closer with each passing minute and each question he asked. I don't know how long we sat there, time didn't seem to pass by because I didn't care what time it was. I got so caught up in being with him and his laughter and smile that I didn't even think twice when he asked me if I wanted to go back to his place and watch the movie we had been talking about for twenty minutes.

"I mean, only if you want to," he said, glancing up at me with his piercing green eyes.

"My answer is still yes," I replied.

"I'll lead the way then," he smiled.

@@@

Twenty minutes later, I found myself in the basement of the club hockey house, which was home to four of the guys and the basement contained a TV, knee hockey nets, and a ping pong table that was now a beer pong table. There was a lot of shit on the walls, mostly dents and cracks from God knows what.

"It's kind of a mess down here, we had a party last weekend," Liam remarked as I stood there awkwardly as he searched the room for the remote to the TV, "We can just go in my room if you don't care, we seem to have lost the remote to this TV."

"I don't care," I replied.

Honestly, I wasn't sure what the hell I was doing. Leaving the party really wasn't that big of a deal, I wanted to leave anyway. But now here I was following Liam Simpson into his room to "watch a movie". There were honestly no other motives for me to be here, I actually wanted to chill with him, nothing more. I wanted to believe him that he and Lila broke up, so I did and I didn't feel as guilty as I had a few minutes prior.

"Sorry, it's kind of a mess," he laughed as he opened the door to reveal his somewhat messy room. It was pretty plain, it had a mattress on the far wall and a TV a few feet away from it and a dresser. The walls had a few posters on them, all of different NHL players, but mostly of players on the Canadians.

"So I assume your favorite team is the Habs?" I asked as I stood there awkwardly as he moved shit off of his bed then searched the box next to the TV for the movie we wanted to watch.

"Oh, yeah," he laughed, "You?"

"I have to go with the hometown team," I laughed, "Wings all the way."

"I don't hate them," he laughed, "I can't blame you for liking the hometown boys though."

"I don't have any hard feelings toward the Habs either," I laughed, "Unless they win."

"Understandable," he smirked, "Now Boston, I hate Boston."

"Yeah I'm not a fan either," I replied, "But I've met Torey Krug once and he's pretty cool."

"Still not a fan," he laughed.

"Yeah that's understandable, given the whole huge 100 year old rivalry thing," I said.

"Where the hell are my manners," he remarked, "You can sit down."

"Okay," I smiled nervously, sitting down on his unmade bed that was really just a mattress on a frame in the corner of his room with a couple of blankets and pillows thrown on it.