Two

There were sounds.

Someone was talking.

The voice got closer and closer.

"DENISE!!!" A loud voice came followed by a constant banging sound.

"DENISE!!! WAKE UP!!! YOU'LL BE LATE!!!"

Denise bolted to a sitting position, her heart thumped so hard she could hear it beating violantly in her ears.

Immediately she felt a sharp pain on her right head, she winced and clutched her head with both hands. Only after a few minutes did the pain subsided.

She looked around her in confusion. Her eyes fell to the clock on the nightstand on her right, it read 7.30.

A single wide window on the far left had the curtain closed, but Denise could see the bright light of the sun through its soft pink color.

On one corner of the window there was a small one seat sofa covered with dark grey fabric. The other corner was occupied with a beige colored dresser and a large mirror attached to it.

Across the bed where she was sitting, a cabinet with the same beige color held a television and a dvd player on top of it.

Denise turned her head to the right and saw her reflection on the full body mirror attached to a wardrobe that stood beside a study desk.

"DENISE!!!! FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! WAKE UP WILL YOU!!!!"

The loud voice came back with an even harsher pounding on the door. Denise jumped to her feet and rushed to the door to open it.

"Di?"

"What the heck... You look like a mess! Did you sleep late talking to Leo on the phone again??"

A beautiful young woman stood by the door with her hands on the hips, her dark brown long straight hair was tied in a high ponytail and she was wearing a black and white knee-length sheath dress that had a lace embellishment on the waist.

"Diana? What are you doing here?"

"Duh! I'm waking you up!" Diana sighed. "Just take a shower and get ready. It's already 7.38 and we have to be at the salon at 8. So you have 20 minutes to bath, get dressed and eat breakfast."

"Salon? What.... Why?"

Diana looked at Denise with a frown, she put her right palm on Denise's forehead and then on her own.

"Are you alright? You look pale. You're not sick are you?" Concern etched on Diana's face. "It's your graduation day, we need to go to the salon to do your make-up. And we need to be there at 8 because it will take an hour for the make-up and we have to leave the salon at 9 so we can get to the ceremony before 10, which is when the ceremony will start. Remember?"

"Huh? Graduation?"

Confusion hit Denise's mind, she tilted her head to the side, thinking, trying to make sense everything Diana had just told her.

Suddenly the events of the day came rushing back to her. The images of Emma waving to her, the impatient driver behind her who blew the horn mercilessly, the bus that came out of nowhere, the loud crash, the spinning, the throbbing pain.

She gasped.

"I was in an accident!"

"What? What accident? When? What are you talking about?"

"I was in an accident today! I was taking Emma to school, and a bus crashed to my car, and I was spinning, and then-and then everything was dark and I can't remember anything."

Denise started to sob as her breath came in short intervals.

Trying to prevent her sister from falling further into a panic attack, Diana held Denise's face with her hands and stares at her as she spoke with gentle tone.

"Sshhh... it's okay....calm down... It was just a dream. You didn't have an accident. You're alright." Diana's hands moved down to Denise's arms and she rubbed it in a soothing movement. "This is your graduation day, and we are going to go get your make-up done, then we'll go out to celebrate. Noone had an accident. Everything is fine. See, you're not hurt. It was just a dream."

Denise frowned as she drowned deeper into confusion. None of this made sense to her. How could today be her graduation day? That was five years ago. How could it be today?

Was this some kind of a prank? Did someone plan this? But who? Leo wouldn't do this. He wasn't a type of guy to pull a prank on anybody.

Diana, her oldest sister, would be too busy to plan such thing, she had 3 kids and an online shop business she needed to manage. She wouldn't even think about pulling any pranks on anybody.

Dara? Now that was more likely. Dara was the clown of the family, the joker, the teaser, she was only a year older than Denise and they always teased each other, sometimes to a point where they got into fight. Dara would be the person to pull off this kind of joke on her.

But Dara was out of the country for her honeymoon, she got married a year ago but didn't have the chance to go on a honeymoon due to her husband's busy schedule. So they were now in Europe enjoying their time, Dara couldn't be here pulling a prank on her.

Diana turned Denise around and pushed her gently into the room.

"Go get a shower. You'll feel better." With that, Diana walked away into a room next to Denise's.

Denise realized that she was in her room at her parents' house. She also noticed that her hair was longer. She had a wavy hair that got unruly when it was more than a chest lenght so she decided to have it cut last week to a shoulder length, but now the hair she was holding was almost to her waist.

Slowly she walked to the bed and searched under the pillow. Found it. She pulled out a white Blackberry that had a flower pattern sticker on its back.

She frowned as she thought that she no longer had used a Blackberry. She had replaced it with an Android phone three years ago when her friend, Veronica, talked her into trying it.

But she did recognized the white Blackberry as her previous phone.

The screen of the phone lit up when she push the unlock button. A picture of her and Leo smiling widely appeared.

Denise smiled a little as she looked at the picture, how happy they were when the picture was taken.

Her eyes stopped on the upper left corner of the screen where the display showed the date. 

Saturday, May 9th, 2009.

The phoned dropped to the ground as Denise gasped, she couldn't believe her eyes.

She picked up the phone and frantically go through it, the text messages, the pictures in the gallery, the contact names, BBM messages, her facebook account.

She fell on her knees to the floor.

All the things she saw on her phone, all the messages, all the pictures, all the facebook posts. Along with the room she was in, and what Diana said to her. All of them told her that the day indeed was Saturday, May 9th, 2009, the day of her graduation.

She was in the past.

Panic surged through her. Had she gone crazy? It wasn't possible to go back to the past was it? Was it??

Denise looked at her phone again, staring at the date display. But it wasn't an imagination. She couldn't have been crazy.

It was true. All of this was true.

Denise clutched her chest, she hung on to the bed and pushed herself up.

For now she didn't know how or why this hadhappened, but she knew that she wasn't imagining it. She needed to find answers.She didn't know how, but she had to.