Peirce walked into the room with another platter filled with food. Plopping it down on the table, he smiled at everyone. "Eat as much as you can; it seems that I outdid myself."

"That is an understatement," Cassandra mumbled while sliding into the seat across Margret.

The Queen sent her a large grin. "I was waiting on you, dear. I was not sure when you would be down."

Red covered her cheeks as she realized what the Queen was speaking of. Her head shook vigorously. "I was looking for something."

"We all have our excuses, but mayhap you should work on yours."

Cassandra started to deny the Queen's accusations, but Colin beat her to it. "We will work on our excuses."

She gasped. Turning to him, she opened her mouth only to have a piece of egg shoved into it. She closed her mouth and chewed with a glare on her face. The King let out a laugh. "That is a good way to keep her quiet, fill her with food."

Colin turned and gave the man a smile. Swallowing, Cassandra opened her mouth to admonish him, but he was quicker. The entire morning, she attempted to talk to him while Colin pushed food into her mouth. At first, she had been angry with him, but the longer it went on, the calmer she became. The laughter in his eyes only caused her to slowly see the humor in the situation.

By the time they were finished, her plate was empty, but his was still full of the different foods. Cassandra smiled at him while the others left the table. "It looks like you forgot something."

"I did not forget," he mumbled. "I simply had more intriguing things to hold my attention."

She laughed. "This 'more intriguing thing' is going to find more suitable clothing. I advise you do the same after you finish your meal."

Standing, she pressed one last kiss to the side of his mouth before darting up the stairs. She reached the top before stopping. All her clothing was in the room Will was now staying in. Stepping towards the chamber door, she lifted her hand and knocked. She waited, but no one came to the door. Should she wait for him before entering the chamber? Cassandra shrugged. It was her things that resided in there, and if the man wanted to keep his privacy, he should have told her to get them out.

Pushing the door open, she expected to see him, but he was nowhere to be found. The room was relatively empty, with the exception of her trunks and a couple others that she assumed were his. She made her way to her trunk and popped open the lid. Rummaging through it, she finally found her riding clothes. She pulled them out as she thought about the ride Colin and her would embark on.

As she freed them, she heard something hit the ground. Glancing around, she finally spotted the noise-maker. What was her letter opener doing with her clothing? It did not matter; what mattered was that she was running out of time. Soon, Colin would be dressed and ready to leave. If she wanted to be home before her parents arrived, she would have to be on her way.

The letter opener weighed heavily in her hand as she glanced around the room for a place to put it. Finally, her eyes made contact with a nearby desk. She stepped towards it, ready to drop the tool and leave the room when she noticed something. The ink sat open, quill lying next to a paper, but the most enthralling fact was what was on the paper. It was not the words that fascinated Cassandra; it was the way it was written. It was written in such a way that she had seen days before.

The door slammed open. Rough breathing came from the doorway. Clutching the letter opener, she turned as Will shut the door behind him. He looked at her with a shocked expression. "Let me explain."

Colin shoveled the food into his mouth as quickly as possible. His wife would be ready soon, and afterwards, she would finally tell him what her surprise was. He hated to admit it, but he hadn't been this excited since he was a child. It did not matter what she showed him. It could even be another person she decided to take in. It was not exactly her surprise that had him eager, it was the buildup.

The elated feeling one felt as they waited for something magnificent. It was the feeling that was coursing through Colin's veins at the moment, and he could not wait to finally leave the manor with her by his side. His fork made contact with the plate, causing a horrible screeching noise to echo through the room. Looking down, Colin realized that his plate was, in fact, empty.

Swiftly, he pushed his chair back and made his way towards his chamber. What clothing should he wear? Colin had a feeling that she planned to go outdoors, but that was the only clue he had picked up. He would wear clothing that he did not mind dirtying; clothing that had already seen many days. Pulling his clothes off, he walked to the wash basin. He picked the cloth up and ran it over his face.

Just as he was about to wet it once more, he hesitated. Was that really him, staring back at him in the water? It couldn't be. The man smiling at him with such happiness could not be him. The man looking at him had the appearance of peace. Lines did not mar the side of his eyes. Worry did not cloud his face. Who was this man? Colin ran a finger in the water and realized something. This was him. He was no longer the brooding man he once was. He no longer wished for a solitary life. He was happy; well, and truly happy. What more could he ask for in life?

Letting out a laugh, he stood and began pushing the clothing onto his body. Cassandra would be waiting downstairs with a secret smile on her face. It was a smile she only shared with him, a smile that showed him that she truly loved him. It had only taken her a short period of time to make him love her. What would the rest of his life be like with this woman by his side? He already loved her more each day. What would it be like ten years from now? When their children ran through the manor, how would they act towards one another then?

Colin shook the thoughts from his mind. Here he was, standing and thinking about their future, when his wife was most likely wondering what was taking him so long. He hurried out of the room. Passing the other chambers, he stopped. What was that noise? His head turned towards the chamber Cassie had stayed in her first day. It was William's chamber now, Colin reminded himself. Anything the man had gotten himself into, did not affect Colin. He had more important things to deal with. Like his pretty little wife waiting on him. With those thoughts, he headed down the stairs, not sparing a backwards glance to the noise echoing from the chamber.