CHAPTER 22

CHAPTER 22

​"ELMO hijo!" Julie's mother went to him and cried. He hugged her back. Tito Jonathan tapped his shoulder and nodded at him.

"Until now, wala pa ring lead kung sino ang may pakana s-sa nangyari kay Julie" Jonathan started. "Wala man lang tumawag sa amin para humingi sana ng ransom...ayon sa police posibleng b-binaril si-siya at hinulog sa bangin---" he breathed.

"Buhay si Julie! Hindi patay ang anak ko! Buhay siya" Marivic cried.

Elmo closed his eyes. "She's alive, I know" he told himself. "Si Cedric po Tito?"

"Nagkamalay na kaninang umaga...maari na siyang makuhanan ng statement.."

Elmo noticed Sonny in the couch, asleep. He took the dog and hugged him tightly.

In the hospital....

​"Bro..." Cedric said softly. "I-I'm sorry..Wala akong nagawa para iligtas si Julie.." he added.

Elmo took a deep breath "It's not you fault...You did your part..."

"Honestly, wala na akong alam sa nangyari after they shoot me..but I remember seeing Julie hit the two men and ran away...nanlalabo na ang paningin ko that time but I swore hindi siya nabaril. She ran away..." he paused... his eyes widened "she took the gun before she ran away,,I'm sure of it!!!" ........

Alden's house..

​"M-maganda yang necklace mo ah" Alden said when he noticed it.

Julie touched the necklace "S-sino kaya ang nagbigay sa akin nito? Mukhang mamahalin..." she said.

"Uhhhh..baka binili mo...Dati pa" Alden shrugged his shoulders. "Tara na A-anne, baka maiwan tayo ng plane.."

Julie sighed and followed him. She had doubts to Alden, which started when he couldn't show her any picture of her, any proof that he was a long time friend and employer, but she had no choice. She couldn't remember anything. She held her necklace as if it was her lifeline "Ito lang ang meron ako sa ngayon" she thought.

After 3 months......

"Wala pa ring bagong report tungkol sa pagkawala ni Ms. San Jose.." the police reported to Elmo. Elmo massaged his temple. "Kaya we will stick to our first report na baka nga pinata---"

"Thank you for the info chief.." Elmo stopped the police right away. He couldn't bear to hear the terrible conclusion.

"Mr. Magalona..alam naming mahirap pero kailangan niyong tanggapin.." the police stopped when he saw his expression.

"Mauuna na kami Mr. Magalona, huwag kayong mag-alala, kapag nagkaroon kami ng bagong report tungkol sa pagkawala ni Ms. San Jose, kayo mismo ang unang makaka-alam" the police said then left.

Isla Gayomi....

​"You're pregnant, 3 months and 2 weeks" Alden said flatly then sighed. He didn't expect this revelation. He already told her that theirs was a pure platonic relationship so there was no way he could tell her now that he was the father of her unborn child. "If I only knew it from the start.." he thought.

Julie was speechless.. tears rolled down her cheek "b-buntis ako?" she said to herself. Strangely, she wasn't sad at all, instead she felt....happy. She stroked her tummy. "K-kung matagal na akong nagtatrabaho saiyo, baka alam mo k-kung s-sino ang ama ng dinadala ko?" She asked warily.

Alden swallowed.. "W-wala akong alam pero nagbakasyon ka noon, nagpaalam ka na luluwas ng Manila at pinayagan naman kita..baka doon mo..." he stopped. Then "Don't worry Anne, mahalaga ka sa akin tulad ng sabi ko saiyo..handa akong damayan ka, kayo n-ng baby mo" he smiled tenderly at her.

Julie was silent. She noticed for the past months that Alden had been extra sweet to her..

"Magkakababy na ako" she thought happily then sighed "sana, sana bumalik na ang alaala ko, para malaman ko din kung sino ang ama ng baby ko" she prayed silently.

-------