Chapter 1: The Beginning

You expect for one to work at a place where they found joy, looking forward to it everyday. But...that's just an illusion that many have painted for others.

This was especially true for a young woman named Synthia. Now for a woman of her age [she's just 20], you wouldn't expect to find her working at a buffet but here she is tying her apron with her hair already pulled up into a ponytail.

She flicked her fringe in annoyance before advancing to the bar where her bestfriend [a.k.a secret crush] Nami was.

"Hey, hey Synthia you heard about the two new guys?" Nami winked with a smirk as she busily restocked the alcohol into the fridge.

"Woahh! What? Two new guys? Shittttttttttt they good looking??" Synthia exclaimed squealing in excitement.

Laughing she pointed to the tables where two young boys could be seen, "You go look but obviously I'm the hottest here," she snorted.

Poking her head out of the bar door, Synthia gave both a check out, from head to toe.

"Nami, one of them is my cousin," she deadpanned clearly expressing her disappointment.

"Pffttttt I know, Kebin right? Your cousin's, Angila, brother."

"Yea, and now you've met most of my family," she winked [flirting with her].

"Alright whatever. So what about the other guy? What do you think about him?" she questioned, pausing a brief moment before continuing her alcohol stacking.

"Errr.....he's a pretty decent good looking guy but not as decent as you," Synthia spoke gazing at her lovingly.

Before Nami could response the manager, Dudily, walked in with the two new guys. Synthia could be seen frozen in fear before dashing to the smaller bar room, grabbing a yellow towel and running for her life, wiping chairs.

"Was that Synthia?" Dudily asked loudly to Nami.

"Err...yea?" she timidly answered.

He shook his head in disbelief as he faced the two newbies. 

"Now, here is the bar. You get one of those towels and you go back out and start wiping the tables and chairs. I'll tell you how to do the other things later but we're starting now. So go."

Both boys quickly grabbed a towel each, before squeezing past him to get out.

Their movements were stiff as they swore they could feel his gazes on their back.

"Kebin," Tommi whispered, "you think he's still watching us?"

"Fuck yes, keep wiping. Wipe." He whispered back urgently when he glanced behind Tommi.

They started to frantically wipe the tables and chairs, trying to move away from his gaze [it's not a perverted gaze btw].

A small distance from these two was Synthia, she didn't notice that the table she was wiping was also being wiped by Tommi. Now Tommi was trapped between the two tables and now Synthia.

Before he could response, she bumped into him.

Her hands fell flat on his chest, feeling the warm pulse of his heartbeat under her fingertips. It felt strangely fascinating. Her eyes trailed upwards before stopping when their eyes locked.

A moment of silent to the fallen warrior named Nami, as her heart was stabbed by the unbearable pain of seeing her beloved in another's arms. Her eyes watered before hiding herself from the devastating sight.

The unknowing couple continued to gaze into each other before the sounds of footsteps interrupted them.

Tommi released an audible gasp when Kebin came to a stop.

Kebin stared at Tommi in betrayal with his mouth quivering.

"First Stevem, now her? How many times are you going to do this to me?"

"Wait! No! It's not like this! Kebinnnnnn!!!!! Come back!!!" Tommi called chasing after the crying boy.

Now this came as a surprised to Synthia as she stared blankly in the space where Tommi had used to occupied.

'What the flying hell just happened,' she whispers.

~

After that incident, the relationship between the two boys was stained by what happened. Tommi constantly followed Kebin around, trying to apologise and reverse the damage that had happened.

It only took a couple of more weeks before both had left the buffet. They left in hopes of a new start, a new chapter in their lives, to recover what was once lost because of Tommi's betrayal.