1 | Lily Sets Off

"Ooh, this is so exciting!"
"Grandma, remember it is me going to Malory Towers, not you!" Darrell glanced sheepishly at her granddaughter.
"Sorry, Lily. I just know you will love it there. Oh, look at your uniform! It's almost exactly he same as mine was. Have you packed? You know I have to get you to the train station," Darrell said. Lily's mother and father had to drop her little sister Melody and older brother James at their consecutive schools - James at Norfolk Collegiate, where he had been for a year, and Melody at her day school. Lily and her parents had said their goodbyes that morning, and now Lily was looking ahead. They got into the car and drove off to the station.

Lily got out of the car, and felt shy among all of the older girls. But soon she saw a familiar face. "Sally! Oh, hi Maddie! You got brought by your granny too?"
Maddie, Sally's granddaughter, grinned mischievously. "Yep. Now, you see that you bring Malory Towers glory this term. You're a smart kid. Oh look, there's Kitty. Apparently Alicia hasn't come. Ooh! Jenny! You never answered any of my texts!" She ran off, having seen her friend. Suddenly, Lily felt very nervous. Darrell patted her on the shoulder.
"Nervous? I was too. You'll make friends in the train, though. And there is always Kitty. She's in your year. You have someone, that's better than I was! Now, off you go. Your mum will come at half term. Bye!" Darrell smiled, waved and left.
Kitty came up to Lily. "Hi. Shall we hang together?" Kitty was quite different from her grandmother. Many of her cousins, aunts and uncles, and her brother were as mischievous as Alicia, but although she had the same sense of humour as her, she was hard-working and whole-hearted like her father.
"All aboard for Malory Towers!"
Kitty and Lily rushed onto the train together, excited for a new school and what their families had told them would be the time of their lives.