Chapter 1 The Plan

Every day at the park was an adventure, create by the two men who work there. Mordecai and Rigby, these two men had been best friends since they were kids. They knew each other inside and out. They had no secrets between each other. Or so they thought.

As the morning sun shines through their bedroom window and the annoying alarm rang. Mordecai knew it was time to get up, and get to work. He wished that Rigby would learn to wake up on time. As every morning, it was a struggle to wake up his best friend. But he was used to waking up Rigby, being that his friend wasn't much of a morning person.

"Rigby its time to get up, come on dude I don't want Benson to yell at us.....again."

Rigby just groan and turned around. Ignoring Mordecai, him being a light sleeper made it almost impossible to sleep, which is why morning where never great for him those few hours of sleep just made him want more. After much shoving of Mordecai, Rigby finally got up,

" Okay! Okay! I'm up now stop touching me!"

"Relax dude, and hurry up and get ready."

"yeah yeah whatever," said Rigby as he randomly picked a shirt (that could or could not be clean), pants, and his favorite brown sweater. While Mordecai got his clean shirt, pants, and his favorite blue sweater. Fixing their hair somewhat, they went downstairs to get some cereal.

"Why are you in such a rush to get to work on time dude?" said Rigby in between mouth fulls.

"Dude don't you remember, I asked Margaret if she wanted to hang out today and she said yes! So if we finish our work today we can make it in time!"

" oh yeah..Wait all of our work....with breaks right?"

"I'm afraid not man, if we take a break will never get anything done."

"So what? it's not like your going on a date."

"...No...but still..it's...kinda..like...look man, it's baby steps I hang out with Margaret, she sees what a great guy I am, falls for me and BAM she'll be mine!"

"So this is your new plan to win her over? by slowly approaching her? Isn't that what you've always been doing?"

"No..well yeah....but not really, I mean all I've been doing is asking her out at random times and just getting rejected. So I thought maybe if I got to know her better she would then ask me out and BAM together at last!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA and you really think that will work?"

"Pffft yeah, what do you even know, you've never had a girlfriend or have even tried asking anyone out."

"......yeah guess your right.." The room was filled with awkward silence, the only noise heard from them eating their cereal. As they were done they sat outside the front steps and waited for the rest of the workers so the meeting would start.

"...Rigby, I'm sorry"

"Pfft it's fine man don't worry about it."

" You sure? cause I know dating people make's you feel uncomfortable, and I shouldn't have mention it, it's just I don't understand how you really don't want to date anyone? I mean don't you want to get married, have kids and all that stuff?"

Rigby chuckle, "Dude what the H? It's really cool, I don't mind. Besides, why would I want to be tied down for?"

Mordecai gave his own small laugh, "Dude you really don't know what your missing, Dating is the best, being with someone you love is the most wonderful thing ever."

"Pfffft whatever"

They both stared at each other and laugh.

"So we cool?" asked Mordecai

"Yeah man! best friends for life!"

"AW yeah!" they both high fived each other.

Soon everyone came, Benson gave them each a duty, he was surprise not only were the two slackers early but they also didn't complain about their jobs. ""They must be up to something"," he thought, after carefully observing them he saw nothing strange. A small slime crept on his face. "hmmm good for them, it's about time they learn."

____________________________________________________________________________________

[hello, so this is my first ever written fan fic. umm I have so many ideas but I'm so lazy to write but to be honest I am sick of the same old stories being told again and again, so I thought It was about time I wrote one myself. haha..yeah, it is a Morby story so don't worry I will get their all in good time. I will try to write a chapter a day, cause this fanfic will be long, but not too long. also i hate waiting for new chapters, but boy is this hard to write. anyways, please let me know what you think. ]