Part 9 - A Happy Ending (FINAL PART)

The sun was dipping into the clear, blue waters as night began to fall. All the Vikings had gone home and Stoick was helping Valka clean up the Great Hall and the premises.

"This is pretty great." Hiccup smiled as he gazed down at his wife who had fallen asleep on his lap. Stroking her blonde hair with his hand, he whispered "Milady? What do you say we go for a romantic flight?" She awoke, showing Hiccup her pearly whites. "I assume that's a yes" Hiccup chuckled.

The newlyweds saddled up onto Toothless and flew away into the clouds. "Is this speed alright for you?" Hiccup turned around to face Astrid. "I don't want the remains of our meal coming back up." "It's fine Hiccup, really." Astrid assured him. She kissed his cheek. "Thanks."

Facing forward, Hiccup steered Toothless towards the northern lights. Astrid placed her hands around his waist, her head leaning against his shoulder. "So, what was your favorite part of today?" She asked. "Besides getting married."

"Definitely the dancing" he said. "But that was only my favorite part today. What I truly love, is spending every day with you." Astrid's eyes started to water. "Aww..." She sniffed. "Are you, Astrid Hofferson, crying?!" Hiccup joked. The tears immediately stopped. "Oh please! We were making waterfalls when we gave our vows!" Astrid replied. They laughed.

For a long time, Hiccup and Astrid stayed in the sky. It was close to midnight and they decided to call it a day. Toothless swooped down and landed back on Berk. Hiccup got down first and offered his hand. Astrid took it gratefully and jumped down. "Thanks for a great night" she said. Hiccup lightly punched her. "That's for crying." Astrid shook her head, knowing what was coming. Hiccup grabbed her waist and pulled her in for one last kiss. "That's for everything else"