BATMAN BEYOND: IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS PART THREE

TERRY

Charlie? Charlie "Big Time"?

The muscular, deformed mutant that is Big Time approaches him and laughs.

BIG TIME

In the flesh.

He violently rips Terry's chair out of the ground, and smiles menacingly just inches from his face.

BIG TIME

*chuckles* I'm gonna enjoy every minute of this.

Big Time tosses the chair across the room, smashing it against a wall and hurling Terry to the floor, dazed and weak. He fails to notice his former friend rush up on his side and kick him in the ribs, causing him cough up blood.

BIG TIME

What's the matter, Terry? Can't handle anymore?

Terry gets up and slowly wipes his mouth of blood.

TERRY

How'd you get out, Big Time? I thought you were serving your sentence out at Blackgate.

Terry takes a swing at his mutated former friend, his fist colliding with Big Time's face. Blood and saliva fly.

BIG TIME

I was...

He delivers an earth-shattering blow to the concrete floor beneath him, but Terry leaps out of the way as his enlarged fist smashes the floor.

Big Time turns around, grinning. Terry leaps over and ducks behind some nearby crates.

BIG TIME

But a little lawyer named Maxwell Worthington made sure I got out. And of course, got what I wanted..

Big Time smashes a line of crates with his arms, tossing aside the remnants as he looks for his enemy. Terry breathes slowly as Big Time comes near the crates he's been hiding behind.

BIG TIME

REVENGE!!!

The crates split into a million tiny and jagged pieces, leaving the meta human both angry and confused. He glares around, clenching his fists.

BIG TIME

Where are you, McGinnis? Come on out! You can't hide forever!!

Big Time turns around as a finger taps him on the shoulder.

TERRY

Dude, you look like you're on fire! Maybe a little something to cool you down.

Terry grins as he sprays fluid out of a fire exitinguisher he's holding, blinding Big Time before lifting the extinguisher and causing the metal to collide with his skull. The meta human falls flat on his face, groaning weakly.

Terry bends down, placing himself a few inches from Big Time's line of hearing.

TERRY

Sweet dreams.

An intercom system crackles, and a slightly familiar voice comes on.

New Riddler.

NEW RIDDLER (V.O)

Excellent work, Terrence. But that was only a test of what's to come.

Terry glances around as he witnesses a rusted grey door open up, splitting the painting of a large green question mark in half as it goes up.

NEW RIDDLER (V.O)

You'd better hurry. Before long, this room will fill up with nerve gas and you'll be dead. Is that really what you want?