"Zainab, pass me your sandwiches. They are extra yummy today!"

"Khaleesah, can you tell me what the different types of ROM and RAM are? I'm a bit confused."

"Why can't you eat our food, Sulaiha? You know the hadith on pride right?" One of the girls asked in a teasing tone. "Our Beloved Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم  said: Whoever has even an atom of pride in his heart will not enter Jannah."

Until the bell rang fifteen minutes later, announcing the end of the break, the students carried with their studies and passing positive comments on each others' mothers' cooking in this manner.

Less than an hour had gone by and Khaleesah was done with her ICT paper. This time she knew better than to daydream about the pile of books waiting at home. She most certainly didn't want a repeat of the embarrassing incident which took place earlier in the day. So, she took an extra sheet of paper lying on her desk and started writing a chapter of the book she had started just a few months ago.

Along with her love for reading, Khaleesah also had a passion for writing. Her teachers enjoyed what she wrote and had also encouraged her to write a book. But, before anyone else, her grandfather was the one who strived to bring out the writer in her, from when she was quite young.

The book Khaleesah was writing was about a group of friends who studied in a school with a hostel in the countryside. The book was named 'Ruby Mansions' which was also the name of the school. Khaleesah had no intention of publishing this book or anything of that sort. She wrote because she loved it and she knew her friends enjoyed reading her works.

'Chapter 5 - Off to Ruby Mansions
The day for the school to start had come, the girls were excited. Mrs.Rivers took them in her car. Rosemary was glad she was going away from her parents, because they were never kind to her. Debbie still felt homesick, even after she had recovered better in the past few days. Emily was sad to leave home, so many things had happened this holidays to making it eventful and interesting.
The girls put their luggages into the boot of the car and got in. Mrs.Rivers checked if they had all the necessary stuff and then drove off with the girls. They were silent all the way, until hours later they finally could see the towering buildings of Ruby Mansions to which Emily exclaimed, "Here we are! Isn't it marvellous?", waking up Debbie who had fallen asleep. They were finally at school, the place which was their second home.......' Khaleesah wrote. She had written a very few chapters so far and she was thoroughly enjoying it that she didn't realise her ICT teacher had been standing by her chair for the past five minutes.

"Khaleesah.." She put her pen down as soon as she heard her name being called, hoping she wasn't got to get another scolding like before and looked up only to find her ICT teacher smiling down at her.

"Are you done with your paper,dear?"

"Yes, Muallima." She replied giving the teacher a smile in return.

"Sure? 100 out of 100 then?"

"Um... No, Muallima."

"Then please go through your paper once more. I don't want careless mistakes from you, Khaleesah..."

"Ok, Muallima.." She said smiling and then took her ICT paper from under the rough paper she was writing the story on.

"By the way, what was that you were writing?"

"Uh.. That's nothing much, Muallima.. Just a story I write when I'm bored." Khaleesah told softly a light blush creeping onto her cheeks.

"Can I read it?" The teacher asked kindly and then quickly added, "Only if you don't mind, dear."

Her ICT teacher was one of the teachers Khaleesah adored, as she was a kind and understanding young woman.

Khaleesah couldn't say 'no' to her, in case she hurt her feelings, but she didn't really mind her teacher reading what she wrote either.

"Um.. Sure,muallima." She told with a slightly nervous smile handing over the sheet of paper, her untidy cursive writing covering the entire page.

Miss Haadiya Adam had been the ICT teacher for An-Noor International Girls' School for the past three years. It was a Shari'ah based school where the rulings of Islam were strictly followed. They recited the morning du'aas in the assembly every single day for their own protection from any harm or evil, and also had two periods of Quraan in which they learnt to recite The Blessed Book with tajweed along with the Hifz (memorization).

Haadiya loved teaching the ninth graders. They were a set of twenty interesting girls, each with a different personality. While there were times when they got out of hand, they were actually girls with a good heart and this is why she was most attached to them. What these girls needed was some love and most importantly, understanding. If treated in this manner, they would be the most obedient students one had even seen. Since they were the first batch of students of this school, they had a lot of responsibility on their shoulders. Their discipline was seen into at all times, which frustrated the girls to no end.

"Masha Allah!" Miss Haadiya exclaimed with a full blown smile. "This is written so well, Khaleesah.. I can't wait to read the rest of your book. Please give me a copy once you're done with it.. Ok, dear?"

"Ok, Muallima." Khaleesah replied with a shy smile. She was flattered by her teacher's compliments, and she felt very happy.

Khaleesah had been looking at her teacher's face anxiously while she read her writing, trying to think what was running in Haadiya's mind by reading the expressions on her face, until she had smiled and passed on that beautiful comment which warmed her heart and gave her confidence in writing.

Khaleesah's teachers were all very nice to the students in her class. Even the teacher who had been supervising them while they did their Islam paper. But today something seemed off in her. After all, one cannot always be happy, there are points in life when you become sad, hurt and frustrated as well and take it out on other people and Khaleesah understood this well so she held no grudge against her at all; for the sake of her Rabb alone.

After Haadiya had moved away from her when a student had raised her hand to clarify a doubt in the exam paper, Khaleesah noticed her friends signalling to her that they wanted to read what she had written after they were done with this paper. For which she smiled at them and mouthed a 'Sure!'. They were always there to encourage her and boost her confidence when she felt low. They motivated her to keep writing and she did.

Khaleesah resumed her work and tried her best to complete that chapter which she was writing before the bell rang, so she could go home and write it in the book she wrote the entire story in. She thought she would be able to finish writing at least half of her book this holidays and she was also thinking that she would somehow finish reading the books she had collected. Little did she know that this holiday will hardly consist of any writing or reading; that it will only consist of thinking and stalking a certain someone.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

A/N - Soo...this chapter is dedicated to a very close friend of mine on Wattpad ➡ PearlandIvory_ ...you really gotta read her books. "The Girl in the Green scarf" is one of the best books I've ever read. Do check it out.

Loads of Love & Du'aas,
Saa Naleem ❤

P.S - Khaleesah's writing isn't so good at that moment..but as times goes on, it gets better. 😊