thirteen

✖ one month later ✖

sam's pov ;

Nate and I walked in the shopping centre as Nate had finally decided to have a guy day instead of a day with Annalise, and the only reason for that was that she had to work today.

I was still so sad that she had managed to move on so quickly.

And with my best friend, what a small world we live in.

I loved her, even though I never admitted it thinking she wouldn't feel the same way, but I really did.

And seeing her leave was really hard, I just wanted to run after her but for some reason I stopped myself.

And I have always regretted that decision.

"Why are we going into a jewellery store?" I question Nate as I furrow my eyebrows as we take foot inside a very expensive looking jewellery store.

Pretty sure Nate wasn't the kind of guy to wear diamond necklaces.

"I'm thinking of proposing to Annalise" Nate says with a huge smile on his face making my breath get caught in my throat.

I know it was wrong to still have feelings towards Annalise but I couldn't help it, she was so different compared to other girls.

Well girls that I know, the girls that I usually end up with I end up in bed the night of meeting them but with Annalise there was none of that.

Which kind of made me like her more.

And hearing that Nate was going to propose made my heart break.

I knew that I couldn't tear them apart and be like in movies, I was waiting for the day that they break up.

And by the looks of it that day was never coming.

Which surprised me since Nate never seemed like the type of guy to settle down.

I guess Annalise can change a guy, like she changed me, even though she had no idea.

"That's sudden" I eventually say not really knowing what else to say as Nate looks down at rings that were secure behind a glass case.

"I know, but I love her and I don't ever any to loose her" he says.

"Marriage isn't going to make sure she never leaves you" I say back trying to talk him out of this, seeing Annalise dating someone else was already hard enough, but I wouldn't be able to take seeing her married.

"I know that but I'm ready, and she's the one" he says as I lean against the glass sighing wishing there was something I could say to change his mind.

Even though I knew once Nate had his eyes on something there was no way of talking him out of it.

"Hi, can I help you?" A worker says as he smiles at both of us mostly Nate as I couldn't seem more uninterested by the whole thing unfolding in front of me.

"Yes, I was looking for an engagement ring, do you have any suggestions?" Nate questions obviously not confident in his taste of jewellery.

"That's exciting, do you know what kind of jewel she prefers or if she likes plain gold or silver or something like that?" The worker asks placing her hands up on the glass as Nate keeps looking down at all the rings.

"She has a lot of silver so I was hoping for something gold today just for it to be different" Nate says as I can see the worker swoon making me roll my eyes.

"I have just the thing"

-------

aw aw found this chapter so cute