Chapter 5 - Friendships?

“Amy,” Naomi called running down the hall to meet up with her; Amy turned and smiled at Naomi. “I think I saw Riley at breakfast, but she took off to fast I wasn’t real sure… I just over heard Malfoy who was complaining how rude Riley was; I think he said she was in the green house.” Amy stood shocked staring at Naomi. Why hadn’t she said hello? How could she have forgotten to look for her? Was she alright? Feeling better? Amy ran past Naomi without a word, Eric called after her but she didn’t stop, she pushed the doors open and ran out of the school, she ran as fast as she could down to the green houses. Only stopping to catch her breath, before searching for her among the greenhouses; she heard voices but couldn’t tell what they were saying.

 “Malfoy? He’s just a coward….Oh that leaf… Yeah, I have to keep my talking about Hogwarts to a small…brother’s new girlfriend…I have a broom…. No I don’t use it much, don’t get anywhere to use it…” The voice was a girls but she was not alone another voice laughed.

“Yeah maybe… No not that leaf! This one… Get to tell your family about Hogwarts? …..  Oh, I see that could be a problem… Got a broom? …. Ah, you should ask Ron if you could come to his place!” Amy moved closer to where the voice came from, she peeked her head around seeing the back of Riley’s head and the side of Neville’s.

“RILEY!” She screamed running over to where she sat, both Neville and Riley jumped to their feet frightened by Amy. “How are you? When did you get out? What happened? How did you get better? I should have come and seen you, I know! But professor Lupin wouldn’t let me! OH, Eric would be so happy! Oh I hope you heard, Eric and I are together; odd I know but I’m really happy! I’m sure he will act differently around you now! I bet you have loads of homework, I think Edmund and you are in the same classes, if you ask him what you did than I would love to help! And…” Amy rambled on asking questions on how Riley felt, but never seemed to stop for Riley to answer. Neville looked over at Riley nervously who shrugged her shoulders. Amy went on for several minutes taking long big breaths before continuing not letting anyone interrupter her.  Eric, Edmund and Naomi had come to the door by than all staring at them, Eric had a look of fear on how this would make or break his and Amy’s relationship. Edmund looked struck by surprised, had only wondered when she would get better, but never truly thought she’d be out. Naomi though looked oddly happy with some question, she wonder why Neville was there. He seemed to know that someone was wondering that and he slowly tried to leave.

“AMY!” yelled Riley, Eric and Edmund, she stopped mid-sentence and looked around at them stunned.

“And people wondered why I hadn’t come to say hallo.” Riley shook her head, looking over to where Neville had stood seconds before. She looked around the room, but he had left, she sighed before looking at all of them.

Amy gave her an odd look “you didn’t come to say hello because you didn’t want me to be going on about…about anything?” She gave a hurt look to Riley “I thought I meant more to you than that!”

Riley closed her eyes calming herself down. “Amy, you’re my best friend but being so I have known you long enough to know that if I am hurt or something you get scared and bombard me with questions when I get better! And anyways, being away a week I get homework, I would have come and said hallo before we went to class.” Riley noticed that Naomi also had left, she most likely ran after Neville being in the same year she’d have known him better.

Amy glared at Riley “Right, whatever… It was your choice; I see that you seem happier with the help of a third year rather than your own classmate.” With that she flicked her hair and left leaving Riley standing with Eric and Edmund. 

“Look what you did!? Who were you thinking about?” Eric started glaring at Riley.

“I was thinking about me but for some odd reason I shouldn’t have been! Were you the one in the Hospital wing? NO! Being so when I am hurt and get better; I should only have to worry about ME for a bit!” Riley retorted glaring back.