Chapter 23: "Why is there a Gremlin casually lying on me?"

Start from the beginning

He muttered something again and sat up, stretching his hands over his head and groaning. My hand lipped away from him and I let them. I moved my legs about trying to get the feeling back into them.

“Did Nick even come in last night?” Jaden asked after his weird stretching session.

“Well I don’t know do I? I was asleep.” I said standing and walking down the hallway. Then I stopped. Fuck what about his parents?

“Hey, where’s his parents?” I asked over my shoulder at Jaden who was following lazily behind me.

“At some spa for the weekend.” Jaden said with a shrug, I sighed, thank God I didn’t need to deal with that awkwardness, and continued to walk towards the kitchen. I need water. 

I stumbled my way into the luxurious kitchen and found a glass and filled it with water before taking to huge gulps. That’s when I heard a small cough and I realised I wasn’t alone.

Still holding the glass to my lips I spun around and Gracie was sitting at the island munching on a bowl of cereal a small smirk on her face.  

My eyes widened for a second, how do you tell someone you fell asleep in their house and thought you would help yourself to some water? Even if that person is nine year old it’s still a weird subject...

“Thanks,” Jaden slid the glass away from my face and began drinking the rest of the water, clearly not bothered by the small child smirking at us like she was about to eat us. Or by the fact that it was my cup he was drinking out of, damn this is becoming a bad habit of his.

“So did the two of you have a nice sleep?” Gracie asked all nice. I glared and leaned against the counter shaking my head.

“Why are we still here?” I asked my voice a lot less sleepy now.

“You’re asking me? The nine year old?” Sure, now she plays the ‘child’ card.

“Stop your grumbling and make us pancakes,” Jaden said plopping down at the Island and smiling at Gracie who pushed her half empty bowl of cereal away from her to give me a big, cheesy, grin. Now she’s nice to me?

Never mind her, let’s focus on the bigger child beside her shall we?

He is one complete and utter arse hole. Not only am I, almost, worried about Nicolas but I have and extremely sore neck and can’t stop thinking about the fact the Jaden fricken Blake is a hugger!

But instead of screaming this at him and going all psycho, I just went with:

“Where is the fudging flour?” I replaced the ‘fuck’ at the last minute remembering about Gracie.

So here I was flipping pancakes in the best kitchen I have ever seen when Jaden and Gracie’s argument, about how many pancakes one person could eat in a minute, died down and the sound of bare feet hitting the stone floor made me turn around, mid pancake flip, and come face to face with the hottest girl I have ever seen.

Heck I’m a girl and I know she’s hot.

Tall, sun kissed skin, blonde and a curvy figure. This was Nicolas’s date?

She stopped instantly glancing down at what little she was wearing, one of Nicolas’s tops, and blushed. Holy crap she’s not a complete hoe!

Well done Nicolas!

We were all staring at each other in a mixture of shock and embarrassment, well Gracie snorted and began eating another pancake, it wasn’t until my pancake was burning did the silence break.