A Slightly More Than Unusual Day

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. I had learned that Witch's Skin, the sequel to Witch's Blood, was not told in the sister's point of view, to which I was very thankful. I curled my brown hair, and put on a Hello Kitty tee with some of my favorite jeans. I grabbed my favorite nerd glasses and headed out the door, with my book.

"There were many boys fanning my sister off, and they took one look at me and started flirting with me. I didn't care about them. I wanted Derek back."

I started crossing the road, and thought better of it, considering two people have tried to run over me on this road. I looked both ways and began crossing.

During school, I secretly read the book. I know that you don't care, but now that Phoebe has secretly been talking to Derek's ghost, her "moving on" boyfriend is jealous! I was only halfway when school had ended. I began walking through the forest, when it started raining. I spotted a shelter of some sort, and walked in.

"Hello? I'm sorry to barge in like this, but I needed to find shelter from the storm...I don't know if you know, but it's storming outside...so....yeah."

"Do I hear something, William?"

"I believe so, Olivia."

"I'm sorry to intrude, but it's seriously storming out there, and I just wanna chill here for a sec, if you don't mind?" I said

"Where are you?" A female voice asked

"By the door?" I said. A hand reached out toward me and onto my face.

"Ah, there you are. Terribly sorry dear, but we're blind, I'll lead you to a small room where you can stay until the storm's done." She said.

"So what's your name, sweetie?" She asked

"Violet, yours?" I asked

"I'm Olivia, I work here. It's nice to meet you. It's been such a long time since we had company."

"We?"

"My husband, master, and I. It's been years. The master doesn't like visitors very much. Here's the room, sorry for the dust but we weren't expecting any guests." She said

I sat down on the chair near an unlit fireplace, and cracked open my book.

"'Phoebe, don't do this to me! I know that you're still in love with Derek, but give me a chance! I mean, I'm freaking Alec Chance! Most popular guy in the school! I-'"

"Who's here, Olivia?" Said a strangely coarse voice.

"A girl, master."

"WHY DID YOU LET HER IN HERE?"

"Sh-she was s-so cold fr-om the-the storm."

"Hm....well that''s...a suitable excuse. She will leave when the storm's done."

"Yes, master."

Olivia entered the room.

"May I light the fire, miss?"

"Yes, thank you, and don't call me miss- I'm just Violet."

"Yes, Miss Violet."

I figured that was as good as it's getting.

"So what was that about?" I asked her

"Nothing, nothing at all..." She said.

Hmm....intriguing. Usually when someone does that in the stories I read, the main character investigates.

"S-"

"It doesn't look like the storm will be heading up any time soon, would it be okay if you spent the night?" She asked

"I suppose so,"

"Good!" She clapped her hands, "Let me show you to your room."

We walked up spiraling staircases and down the hall a bit.

_________

Good? Bad?

Tell me!!

haha and sooooo much thanks go out to all of my friends, Vman889, pipopolis, pipomusic, topaz96

LOVE YOU ALLL!!!!!!

April-13