I have a weird mind.

1:32pm

Girls are so confusing. Why couldn't she just leave out the 'or else' bit?! The worst case scenarios have still been repeating through my head. This time it includes doing the Irish jig with a bunch of sharks in tutus while singing 'Harry Potter in 99 Seconds' at the Sydney opera house and singing so high that the earth trembles and the ceilings fall down and the only thing you hear is the finale where shy Dolphin the shark takes his solo and holds the note for 3 years. But that's totally impossible because they don't even make shark sized tutus... Psh.

1:59pm

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

Don't think, don't breathe, just keep running!

On second thoughts- breathe or you'll die.

But who cares #YOLNT! (it stands for You Only Live Nine Times)

I think that only applies for cats...

Maybe Toffee the nextdoor neighbour cat can take me in and mother me just like my kangaroo foster mother. 

It doesn't work like that.

There, I arrived it's all good! I looked at my phone to check the time, 2:01pm.

HOLY SHIT!

I'M LATE! I'M LATE!

SHOOT ME NOW! 

"Jai." 

I screamed in terror as I got down on my knees. "Please don't send me to the Outback, it'd be nice to see my kangaroo brethren but please! I don't want to get vaporised by the mothership!" I shut my eyes waiting for the worst- oh no, she's calling the shark company to rent Dolphin the shark and his companions. At least Dolphin finally gets his dream. "Sing your heart out Dolphin, make mama proud!"

My thoughts were erupted by a burst of laughter. 

I looked to my left to give my girlfriend a confused look- wait was this a trap?

What's she plotting in that evil, knife obsessed mind of hers?

"What?" I questioned.

She clutched her stomach trying to regain her breath, she even wiped some tears that were falling. "Oh Jai. You're so funny." She laughed smacking my arm. Ow?

"I'm sorry I was late- I ran my best and I didn't even breathe. Please don't show me your knife collection!" I winced about to make an accident on my jeans.

"Jai, you're not late!"

"Yes I am. I arrived at 2:01 not 2:00." I admitted.

Idiot. You could've gotten away with it but noo!

"Wait- you were freaking out about the text weren't you? I knew I shouldn't have typed the 'or else' but in my defence I didn't think you'd be one to overreact about some silly text."

"So the 'or else' doesn't mean anything?"

"Nope. Unless you were like an hour late but I'd still be able to forgive you. Probably in the foreseeable future." She shrugged.

Fore.. what?

"Really?"

"Mhmm.  You should have more faith in me."

"Eh."  I shrugged, too much effort.

"That's why we're here. To build up our trust on each other." She smiled enthusiastically.