“No diamond is too expensive for a woman’s finger, dear sister. Much more for a Princess of Azura.” She answered, persuading me to say yes.

“Okay,” I mutter. As I hear a shower of gratitude shower from her bright pink full lips.

“We will take the entire set, Monsieur Franco.” Gold said as the old man clapped twice for two little boys to come out of a room, carrying two black velvet pillows. One has teardrop earrings and wristlet and the other has the huge necklace which is just an inch or two smaller than the one Queen Farra gave me last night.

“Your jewelry designs are so elaborate, Monsieur Franco. What material do you use for the base?” I asked, curious of the uncommonly sharp edges of another necklace’s filigree.

“The regular stainless steel, your majesty. Not everyone knows all the jewelry in the world are not pure. I compliment you.” He said to me, gesturing for the two boys to sit beside him.

“But why are they so thin? I mean, they almost look… sharp. How did you manage to plate them? I know a designed that can do thin filigree, but this; this is exceptional.” My nerd inside just got out in public.

“Electroplating, your majesty. Even it is highly technological, it all comes down with the use and mixtures of chemicals.” He answered.

“Chemicals of what sort, Monsieur?” Have I mentioned Victoria Clarke’s mom is a jewelry designer and I’m a huge fan of her work? I’ve been to two of her eight gallery auctions all around East North Central United States.

“Several cyanide compounds,” He said. Gold was starting to get out of place.

“Cyanide? What compounds of cyanide, exactly?” This just rang a bell. Nicole and Kendra were poisoned with Hydrogen Cyanide.

“Well there’s Sodium Cyanide (NaCN), the Potassium Cyanide (KCN), the Hydrogen Cyanide (HCN), and the…” He answered but I cut him off.

“This Hydrogen Cyanide, it’s also called Hydrocyanic acid right?” I asked. He nodded. “Is this the poisonous one? The colorless liquid with a bitter-almond odor?” I added. He looks at me like I’m going to murder someone. “This once can be mixed in coffee or champagne, right?” Making sure that it really is, I came up with another question and finally; he nodded.

Damn! I knew Victoria Clarke was suspicious. Why was she even in the forest at lunch time at the first place? Why wasn’t she angry with Nicole, Poppy and Barbie when she was one of the victims of the ‘Checklist’? And oh my gosh, how can I forget? She was made to sleep with Kenji Takano for her ‘Checklist’ test and they dated before Kenji broke it all for Sybil. Victoria also plays tennis. She has all the motives and cues are all leading her way! If it really was the ‘Checklist’, it’s not only me and Avery who are possible next victims. Kathy will be too.

“I must say, your knowledge about such is disturbingly inappropriate, Princess Lucy.” He said. Ooh, I’m not Princess ‘Lucy’ right now. I’m on detective mode and may name is once again ‘Therese’.

“How much?” Gold asked, seemingly dreading for me to go out of the store and leave all my nerd and crazy behind.

“Two hundred gold pieces, your majesty.” Monsieur Franco said.

“Wow, that’s the same price of my horses imported from Druada.” She said cueing Pablo to drop another box from the carriage to Monsieur Franco’s coffee table.

“Quite expensive horses, Princess Gold.” He commented. Even more expensive fortune teller. My thoughts drifted once again to the massive amount of gold the Queen gave to the filthy gypsy woman. I wince, remembering her sewn eyes and badly scarred face.