Ignored

Hi my name is Taylor. I am a girl. My life was pretty lonely. I never really had that many friends. My best friend was my dog, Ham, and my hamster, Lake. Yeah, I have to admit that my life was... Really lonely, but the worst time... Was when my family and I went to the cabin. No one paid attention to me. No one at all! Zip zero zilch! But lucky me. We brought Ham and Lake. Thank the Lord.

Lake stayed in his little cage in my room. The room had bunk beds. Three of them to be exact. They didn't seem very sterdy, but they held us up over the week. They were white and old. The sheets were red and blue. They didn't look very clean. I slept on top of what some people slept under. I used my tan fuzzy blanket to keep me warm during the freezing nights. Ham stayed in the room outside of my bedroom. Sometimes, during the night, I would sneek out of my room, which was very difficult because the beds would sqeak with any sudden movement, and go out to pet Ham. I knew I was not supposed to. I was supposed to stay in my room and get sleep. But I just couldn't knowing that when I woke up it would be the same. No one would even notice me.

In the morings, everyone has breakfast. Pancakes, sausage, bacon, waffles, and stuff like that. I would go upstairs, grab some cereal, and go back down to my room. But only once did someone say, "Do you want the rest of my sausage?" That's as close as I'm getting to food because there was only like a centimeter left od sausage on the plate. How pathetic. I would also take some food down for Lake and Ham. I was the only one who would really pay attention to them. They got attention from other people too, but Lake and Ham were the closest thing I could come to someone paying attention to me.

Sometimes, I would go down to the lake and, of course, I took Lake with me. It only made sence. I would sit there with my feet in the water and Lake on my shoulder. He would stay there. They only time he moved was when he got a little wet from me splashing him. His name was Lake, so he might as well like water... I guess. But, he didn't like water, so I guess we'll just have to stick with just drinking the water out of his water battole hooked to his cage. That'as as close as he's getting to actually being in water.

The basement, which was where my bedroom was connected to, was cold. It was kind of fun, but it would be more fun if there was someone there to have fun with. There was an air hockey table, a T.V. with a bunch of movies, two couches, a coffee table, and outside of the room, was a hot tub. Which I normally went in by myself. But it was okay. Ham would always wait for me inside, and Lake sat on my shoulder.

Watching movies was fun. Especially the Bob the Builder one... Even though I'm thirteen. Oh well.  It was there and I didnt see any other movies and I wanted to watch a movie. Ham and Lake seemed to enjoy it, but Ham fell asleep during it. It was about Christmas. It was the best thing that hasppened to me that week.

When the whole family went down to the lake, in our clothes, everyone stood there on the dock just looking at the view. But when they walked by me, I got pushed in to water. And of course, no one helped me out. Ham did though because I took hold of his leash and he pulled me out. That was just a great day. Well you know... Sarcasm...

Lake and Ham were the best things that whole week. Normally we wouldn't take them because they weren't really the best at being good. But this time they behaved and I think we'll be taking them other times. They are my best friends. I tell them everything. Even though they probably can't understand me... They keep my secrets though... Well, that because they can't talk, but then that's a good thing. You get things off your shoulders and you don't have to worry about it getting around! Yeah... That's why I like Ham and Lake. Plus they're always by my side.