Why She Plays the Bad Girl Chapter 1

Prologue

"Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere."

Ever since my father left, my mother has done nothing but walk around like a zombie and cry herself to sleep. I wasn't as foolish as her. He didn't need us, so we didn't need him. We could do just fine on our own. I had to support my mother and I; I had to make sure she didn't go back to her old ways... Once or twice I had seen her gripping a skinny needle and the painful memories flooded back. I didn't want us to go back to those days and I wouldn't let it happen. The days where I wasn't sure if my mother would come home, scared that she had OD'd and been another washed up body behind a dumpster.

I've had to do a lot to survive. Sure, I regret most of my tactics, but there was food on the table right? I did whatever, or in better words whoever it was to let us live a stable life. I had to grow up pretty fast, and since my parents were never there for me I did as I pleased. No one has ever tried to get close to me, to get to know me, but I was fine alone. Just one more year and I could really be on my own. After all of my hard work in school, after all of my expells, after all of the fights, I had just one more year in this new high school... If I actually make it through the year.

Fingers crossed.

Chapter 1

I tipped my head back and gulped the last sip of orange juice. Looking in our tiny fridge, I made a mental note to go to the super market after school. I sighed and looked at the clock. 7:05. I grabbed my black knapsack off the counter and headed out the door. I didn't want to be late on the first day of school. I thought about the little motivational speech I gave myself before I went to bed last night. Just one more year of highschool and you'll be out of here. Don't fuck up Jade, this is your chance to get out of New York and to see what else is out there for you.

I lifted my leg over the bike and plumped down. When I turned the key I felt my bike purr to life, it's vibrations coursing through my body like a symphony. I zoomed to school, savoring the feel of the wind slashing my skin and my body vibrating along with the engine. As soon as I stopped and looked at the school I felt nervous. A hundred pair of eyes bore into my helmet to uncover who I was. I took it off and shook my head automatically to let free my long mane of midnight black hair.

"Who's that?"

"Woah new girl, she's hot"

"Daaaamn"

As I walked by whispers burned my ears, but I paid no attention and walked towards the big glass doors of the school. The schedule that was mailed to me a few days before had 'English 4 Room 391: Mrs. Claudette' written in bold letters, it wasn't that hard to find the room since there was a map behind the schedule that I took my time to memorize.

As soon as I entered, everyone shifted in there seats. Talk about a grand entrance. I scanned the room and took a seat in the back as the teacher began to talk about classroom procedures and how we have our future ahead of us. She was a strict looking woman; her face caked with make up, her nose in the air as if she was the most important woman in the world, and I immediately disliked her. Right as the bell was going to ring she turned to me and said,

"Oh and Miss Wilde, I do hope you aren't much trouble here in Logan High." looking at me like if I was a smudge of dirt on her white carpet.

How dare she say that. So much for a new start, this bitch is trying to ruin everything for me.

"Mrs. Claudette, I do hope you get that stick out of your ass."

Mostly everyone gasped, some snickered but I was too busy laughing at Mrs. Stick Up Her Ass's face. She was tomato red, and smoke was about to steam out of her ears. The bell rang and everyone ran out, I strolled to the door chuckling to myself.

News spread about my "reputation". Apparently Mrs. Claudette's slip had made everyone start assuming about the trouble I've gotten into at my old schools. Some people approached me in the halls to say things like

"Did you get kicked out for drugs?"

"I heard you got in a fight with some girl for skipping you in the lunch line."

"You told off Mrs. Claudette? You're a legend, no ones ever said that to that stuck up bitch!"

By lunch time, I heard my fair share of crazy stories... I just got out of juvie from beating a girl with a desk, I was selling drugs to underclassman, or my favorite-I had an affair with one of the principals at my old school and was currently raising his 3 step children while he was living in the streets of Guatemala... Seriously they got worse and worse.

I got my lunch, a bacon cheeseburger, fries, and water, and looked around the big cafeteria. That was the bad thing, not having friends, it made it hard to figure out where to sit. I looked outside the big glass windows and noticed a little courtyard with picnic tables and a few trees for shade and decided it was my best bet. It wasn't as full as the lunch room.

Right as I was about to go through the door I felt a hand grab my ass. I turned to see who the culprit was and locked eyes with the douche bag. He smiled, a perfect set of pearly whites gleaming at me. His eyes were chocolate brown, but not just any old Hersheys, more like carefully made rich chocolate melting pools of delicacy. His hair was short on the sides, but longer on top and tousled upwards. I had to rip my eyes away from his tight muscles that were begging to be ripped out of his basic tee to look back to his face.

I gave him a flirty smile and he looked surprised at me, but quickly regained his little smirk. "Hey I'm Matt, I'll be happy to show you around", he said suggestively, winking. I batted my eyes and leaned towards him, I could see his adam's apple bop up and down as he swallowed nervously. Typical jock, a player from the looks of it. In one swift motion, I landed my first right to his family jewels.

"AHHHHH, WHAT THE FUCK!?" He clutched his crotch and bend down, his face twisted with pain.

I smirked and walked away, noticing that everyone in the cafeteria had their jaws dropped watching the scene in front of them. Some guys were cracking up, some girls ran as fast as they could in there heels and little skirts by Matt's side. He did deserved it, invading my personal bubble.

I sat under an oak tree and ate my lunch contently. All of a sudden, like someone turned off the sun, a dark shadow loomed over me. I looked up and noticed a guy. He gave me a small smile and pointed to the ground next to me. I thought about it for a second, but he looked nice so I gave a slight nod and kept eating.

"Hey im Liam, you're Jade right? Im in your 1st period." He didn't look familiar, but I didn't pay attention to anyone anyways.

"Yup. What you aren't afraid that I'll beat you with a desk or something?" I teased.

"Well, I don't see a desk around here." He made a point to look around and shake his head.

I chuckled and continued eating.

"I saw what happened inside with Matt, don't sweat it he does that kind of stuff to anything with a vagina."

"I can take care of myself, but thanks".

I was obviously trying to get rid of him, he had already over spent his time in my personal bubble. He sat by me till I finished eating, talking about how the school works and cracking jokes about the teachers and students. I grabbed my bag and walked away before he could finish telling his story about the time one of the 'popular girls' Leslie tripped in the halls and blamed it on some poor freshman.

He was really funny and cool, it actually felt nice to sit with someone for a change. But I was getting comfortable... too comfortable. I had to leave before he would realize that I really am no good. It was pointless to get close to someone, they all leave you eventually.